Chapter 29

Addison's Pov

Recap....

Upon our return to work I headed to the staff room to get myself a bottle of water. With my water in hand, I headed to my office. Sitting at my desk I continued to write up the notes from this mornings meeting onto my laptop. Halfway through writing up the notes my office door opened. I looked up and who I was expecting was not standing there.

Just by looking at the face of the intruder and seeing that possessed look in their eyes, my heart rate sped up and my palms began to get sweaty.

"What do you want?" I gulped.....

****

"That's no way to greet me, Addison."

"Like I said what do you want?" I said calmly even though I was anything but calm.

"I've come to take back what was mine. You don't deserve him. He's too good for you!" She snarled.

The fire burning in her eyes showed me that she was not mucking around, she means business.

The woman was delusional. Brax had told her on a number of occasions that he didn't want her. That nothing was going to happen between them. What part of that did she not understand?

Clearly all of it!

"If you're out of the picture, maybe he will love me." She grinned evilly.

"And what makes you think that Brax will love you if you kill me Olivia. It will only make him hate you even more than he already does." I bit back.

"He doesn't hate me. He loves me. I'm the best thing that has ever happened to Brax and he knows it. Deep down he knows that we were made for each other and were meant to be."

"You're delusional." I replied. I slowly slid my phone off the table without Olivia noticing and dialled Brax's number. "If you think that then you're more mental than I thought. Brax has told you time and time again Olivia that he doesn't want to be with you. What part of that are you not understanding?" I asked her.

My anger was boiling inside of me. I had put up with a lot from my father so this stint right here from Olivia was a piece of cake. If I could come out on top after everything he put me through I could definitely win this battle with Olivia.

And I was going to win this battle.

"He does want me. I don't know what he sees in you, you're just a money grabbing whore. You don't love him like I do. He deserves someone like me not someone like you." She snarled as she moved closer to my desk.

I stood up ready to face what ever was going to happen in this office and believe me I was not going down without a fight. I wasn't anyone's doormat no more. I wasn't going to let her walk all over me. I had to be confident and strong for myself and for Brax as I wasn't going to let this bitch take what was mine. I was going to fight for the man I loved. I was going to fight for my man. Period.

"Are you actually hearing yourself Olivia? What could you possibly have to make Brax fall at your feet?"

"I have more than what you can offer. You're a worthless whore who couldn't even fight daddy off." She smirked.

My stomach lurched after hearing those words and all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball and sob my heart out. But I couldn't let her see the effects that subject still had on me. I had to be strong in the eyes of this delusion, crazy woman.

"That was a low blow even for you Olivia! You really have to stoop so low to try and knock me, to shame me because you know that's the only way you will win. Well not today. Try again, bitch."