Chapter 22

Brax's Pov

It had been two months to the day that I had lost my father. And it had been a difficult two months. I missed my father so much. I don't know how I would have gotten through this rough time if it wasn't for Addison. She was and has been amazing throughout it all. She had been so patient with me when I acted and behaved like a dick. I showed her how much I appreciated everything she has done for me everyday. I wanted to spend my life showing her.

My fathers house managed to be sold for the asking price so that was one less thing to worry about. With the money from the sale transferred to my account I decided to book Addy and I a well deserved holiday for next month which I was looking forward to. Addy didn't know about the holiday yet as I wanted to surprise her. We were going two days before her birthday hence why it's a surprise.

~~

Addy and I had a long day of meetings so we dragged ourselves out of bed to get ready for work. We got to work and went straight to our offices. I checked the office phone for voicemails as Addy walked in with a hot chocolate for me.

"Thank you beautiful." I smiled as she placed it down on my office desk.

"You're welcome." She smiled as she started walking away.

I grabbed hold of her wrist and pulled her into my lap, wrapping my arms around her waist and placing my lips on hers. I traced her bottom lip with my tongue and she opened her mouth granting me access. We both moaned as our tongues danced with each other's. We pulled away breathlessly.

"What was that for?" She asked as she stared into my eyes.

"No reason, beautiful. I just wanted to kiss you." I smiled as I leaned in towards her lips again. Just as our lips touched, my office phone rang.

With a sigh I answered the phone. It was Stef informing me that my first meeting clients had arrived. With a chaste kiss, Addy got up off my lap and we headed to the meeting room for our first of many meetings for the day.

Addy and I both come out of that meeting disappointed, indecisive and irritated. Mr Benson was demanding we help with something both of us thought would be a waste of time, resources and money plus it didn't help that his pa was looking at Addy like she was a piece of steak that he would devour in seconds. We walked into my office, sighing. I pulled Addy to me and kissed her so hard to try and get rid of the image of Mr Bensons pa's eyes that were roaming all over her. Which she was grateful for.

The rest of the morning meetings weren't as bad as the first one but they were still disappointing. I had, had enough of today already and just wanted it to be over. The afternoon meetings were exactly the same as this mornings meetings. I had decided I had to up my game and search for new clients who were willing to work with me to better their businesses instead of ruin them.

I was sat in my office after just having a very intense meeting. I had just sent Addy and Stef out to the shop to get us some dinner as it was a late night in the office when my office phone rang.

"Mr Carter, I have a Mr Johns down here asking to see you." Jo the ground floor receptionist said through the phone.

"Does he have an appointment with me?" I asked tiredly.

"Erm, no sir but he said it's important." Jo said over the phone.

"Okay send him up." I sighed, running a hand over my face. Let's see what this Mr John's wants and hopefully by the time I've finished with Mr John's, Addy and Stef will be back with some food because I was starving.

After a couple of minutes there was a knock at my door. "Come in." I called from my desk.

Mr John's entered my office. I recognised him immediately from pictures I had been shown but I couldn't give it away until I had some sort of police officer in my building. I grabbed my mobile and placed it in my lap as Mr John's turned his back to me closing my office door. I also put the recording device on my desk on so it would record our whole meeting.