Chapter 13

Just wanted to put a warning here because there is a mention of rape.... it's not a detailed rape scene, I have just put the word in two of the paragraphs!

Addison's Pov

I woke up to an empty bed. Brax was not on his side or holding me. He's side of the bed was cold so I'm assuming he hadn't been in bed for a while. Getting up I walked into the beautiful en-suite bathroom and relieved myself and brushed my teeth. I was feeling rather nervous this morning because of what I was going to tell Brax.

I could smell something cooking in the kitchen as I made my way downstairs. Reaching the kitchen, Brax had his back to me working on something on the cooker. I could see his defined back muscles perfectly as he was shirtless.

Mmmm.... yes and please!

I slowly approached Brax placing my arms around his waist cuddling into him from behind. "Mmmm.... smells good." I said smiling against his back.

"Good morning beautiful girl." He said holding one of my hands and bringing it up to his lips and kissing it. "Did you sleep well?" He asked.

"Yes I did, thank you." I lied. Good job he couldn't see my face because that would give it away. The sleep I did have was good but it was just a matter of getting to sleep. I knew I was going to tell Brax about my father today so I was too nervous, too anxious to sleep.

"Can you grab some plates for me beautiful girl?" Brax asked. I let go of him, got the plates out of the cupboard he pointed at and placed them on the worktop by the cooker. Brax plated up some blueberry and banana pancakes along with maple syrup, fresh fruit and water. I was so nervous and scared that I picked at my breakfast unable to eat it. I did try to eat some of it though.

"You ok beautiful girl? You've hardly touched your breakfast." Brax said eyeing me.

"Ummm, yeah. Just not that hungry." I said forcing a smile on my face. My stomach was churning, I felt anxious, nervous, sick, terrified, unworthy. I ate as much as I could which wasn't a lot. "What time are we going to see your dad??" I asked him.

"We can get ready now to go and see him. Then we can come back here, I'll make dinner and we can snuggle and watch a movie." He said smiling.

"That sounds good." I smiled back. Brax picked up my hand and brought it to his lips kissing my knuckles.

I cleaned up our plates much to Brax's charging but I insisted. Brax's reasoning was he wanted to spoil me and that I was his guest. Blah blah blah.... I am more than capable of cleaning plus I wanted to do it. I grabbed some clothes from my weekend bag and got in the en-suite shower as Brax used another shower. We were both ready in no time and were in the car heading to the hospital that houses Brax's dad Arthur. Upon arrival Arthur was in with one of the nurses, she was taking his vitals and jotting them down on his chart. He had a blood pressure cuff around his arm and a thermometer hanging out his mouth. His eyes lit up as they landed on Brax and I.

"Brax, Addison, I'm glad you're both here." He beamed with a smile that nobody could fake once the thermometer was taken out his mouth. He's eyes sparkled even though he looked gaunt, pale and poorly.

"I won't be long then he will be all yours." The nurse smiled as she was finishing up her check up of Arthur.

We had spent most of the afternoon and into the early evening with Arthur. We shared lots of laughs, we played some board games and cards. You could tell that Arthur loved having Brax here, it meant a lot to him to have his son by his side as he was dying of cancer. I know that Brax loved being with his father even though it was a trip down memory lane as he had already gone through this journey with his mother when he was younger.