Chapter 18

Stepping out of the car into the dry, warm air, I make my way into Target. Billie, Finneas, and Claudia had helped me for hours on end before they had to leave. I'm now going shopping to fill the empty pantry and fridge.

Grabbing a cart, I walk down aisle after aisle, grabbing the things that I think I need, including decorations, groceries, and, vegan snacks for when Billie comes over. When I see Takis, I grab multiple bags, knowing both of us are going to eat them very quickly.

I make my way to checkout, when a guy suddenly shoves a camera in my face. I flinch slightly as he starts shouting questions at me.

"You're Billie Eilish's photographer, Harlow Dormez, right?" He asks.

"Umm... yeah." I answer awkwardly, attempting to pass him to the check out. He follows me while I load my groceries onto the conveyer belt.

"Looks like you had a good night last night." He says smugly. My breath hitches as I take my hair and place it in front of me, covering the hickeys.

   Just remember what Billie told you: ignore them unless they're actually respectful and nice and you feel comfortable talking to them.

"Who's the lucky guy, Harlow?" He asks as the cashier gives him a death glare and loads up my bags into the cart.

   I nearly laugh at the fact that he think I'm into guys, but who can blame him? My last partner was a guy and as far as this guy knows, I'm still straight.

The lady finishes bagging the groceries and I pay, making sure to cover up my card number and pin number from the camera.

"Thank you." I say to the lady, pushing the cart to my car. Before I could slip away from the guy, a phone call buzzes in my pocket. I pull out my phone.

Incoming call from...

Baby<3

I swipe to answer the call.

"Hey mamas, I forgot to tell you that I need you to do a photo shoot for me." Billies voice illuminates through my ears.

"Okay, uh, could I call you back in about 5 minutes?" I ask.

"Everything okay?" She asks.

"Yeah, a pap is just following me around and won't leave me alone. I just need to put my groceries in my trunk and I'll call you back." I inform, the guy still shouting questions at me.

"Okay. Stay safe, baby."

"Okay, I will." I hang up and put my phone back in my pocket, opening my trunk.

"Who was that, Harlow? Was that your boyfriend? Are you still with that guy?" He asks over and over as I load the groceries.

"You really think I'd still be with a guy that shot me?" I scoff, breaking the imaginary wall between us.

"No need to be rude, Ms. Dormez. I was just asking an innocent question."

"Innocent question, my ass." I mutter, getting into the car and slamming the door shut.

I pull my phone back out, calling Billie back and placing my phone down as I put it on speaker phone. I start pulling out as she answers.

"Hey. Everything okay now?"

"Yeah. I'm in the car. On my way home. That dick really asked me if I was still with Alex. After he shot me!" I rant.

"Paps are idiots." She laughs. "Anyway, are you free Saturday? A designer wants to give me a custom outfit. Thought it'd be cool to post it on Instagram."

"Okay, sure." I agree. "What time?"