Chapter 10

[Harlow]

   Everything seems as if it's in fast forward, yet in slow motion at the same time.

   Alex pulls out something that's sleek and black and points it at me.

   There's a loud bang.

   I'm on the ground. I can't figure out why.

How did I get here?

   There are screams everywhere. But not like they were before—they're scared.

   Billie comes running out and crouches beside me, pressing on my stomach.

   A security guard runs out after her and pulls her away from me. She kicks and screams. Her hands are all red—blood?

   I look down at my stomach. Blood is oozing everywhere.

   What is happening?

   Everything slowly starts fading until there's nothing.

[Billie]

   "I don't fucking care if it's dangerous! No ones fucking helping her!" I scream, trying to pull away from Sebastian. I watch as she falls limp, her head hitting the ground.

   He only holds me tighter.

   Finally, two paramedics rush to her limp, unmoving body that is oozing with blood. They place a stretcher on the ground and work together to lift her onto the board, tying her down.

   They bring her backstage and I finally wriggle out Sebastian's grip, running towards her.

   "Billie, give them some room." Finneas says softly.

   "How could someone do this?" I ask quietly, a tear dripping down my cheek.

   "I don't know, Bil. She'll be okay. They're taking her to the hospital."

   "Who did this? Did they catch them?" I inquire, anger boiling my blood.

   "I don't know. I know as much as you do."

   "Was anyone else hurt?"

"No one else was hurt. This was a targeted attack." Sebastian says as he walks up behind me, walki-talki in hand.

Only one person would want to hurt Harlow.

   "Culprit's name is Alex Dunworth." A voice says through the walki-talki.

"I fucking knew it." I seethe. "Where is that bastard?"

"You can't go and confront him. It's for your safety." Sebastian counters.

"If I can't do that, I'm going with Harlow." I say, marching towards the ambulance.

"Only family allowed." A paramedic stops me.

"Someone take me to the fucking hospital." I scream, finally breaking and letting out my anger and worry.

[Third Person POV]

   The automatic hospital doors slide open at the emergency entrance. Two EMTs rush in with an unconscious and bleed Harlow strapped to a gurney. She flutters in and out of consciousness.

   "Talk to me." A doctor rushes towards the girl, her long, dirty blonde hair flowing behind her. She grabs her hair and starts putting it into a bun as the EMTs update her. They read off what's on the young girls chart.

   "18 year old female, 5'10", 112.5 pounds. Single gunshot to the abdomen. Unknown damage to her organs or internal bleeding" He states.

   "Get her into X-ray. If she has internal bleeding or organ damage, let me know and we'll get her into OR 2." The middle aged doctor orders. They all nod and get busy.

   Meanwhile, a nervous, antsy, and irritable Billie sits in the backseat of an Uber. Finneas sits beside her, staring out the window. He doesn't dare to talk to her. He has nothing to say except things like "it's going to be okay," or "don't be nervous."

   And all she'd say to that is "shut up."

   She finds herself biting her tongue every couple minutes. Otherwise, she'd shout at the Uber driver to drive faster.

   Maggie and Patrick stayed back, telling them that they'd make sure everyone was okay. They'll meet up at the hotel later.

Before the car even comes to a complete halt, Billie swings the door open and jumps out. She immediately rushes into the hospital, only to be told that Harlow is in surgery.

So now, she just waits.