Chapter 7

[Harlow]

   Sebastian takes his key card out of his wallet and opens his door, walking in. I wave to him as I go up to Billie and Finneas's room and knock on the door. The door swings open and I look down, hoping to avoid them seeing the already forming bruise on my eye.

   "Hey!" Finneas chirps.

   "Hi." I say softly, he steps aside and let's me in. I walk in and place my suitcase down. I try to make it into the bathroom before they notice, but someone grabs my arm.

   I glance up to see Finneas looking at me with questioning eyes. I keep my eyes on the ground and try to pull my arm out of his grip, but he won't let me. It's not the kind of grip that would hurt me, or even scare me like Alex's would. It's gentle and concerned.

"Harlow look at me, please." He says softly. I shake my head as Billie's shoes come into view.

"Harlow." She says firmly, but soft. Finneas's hand disappears from my arm and Billie's body moves directly in front of me.

She gently grabs my chin and forces my head up. I look at them with embarrassment flooding over my cheeks in the form of a soft blush.

"How... I thought he was at work..." she says, her eyes filling with tears, struggling to force them back down.

"Me too." I whisper.

"How could Sebastian let this happen?" She says, anger lacing her voice.

"He was behind me when I came in and Alex was just... right there and—and it all happened so fast." I stammer. "If Sebastian wasn't there, it would have been so much worse. Please don't blame him."

She shakes her head. "I won't. But I told you to be careful." She playfully glares.

   "I know." I laugh lightly. "I'm sorry."

   She smiles softly and pats my cheek. I grab concealer from my backpack and walk into the bathroom, covering up the bruises on my cheek and eye.

   Once I'm done, I walk out and Billie and Finneas have their suitcases and backpacks in their hands.

   "Ready to go?" Billie asks me. I nod, scooping up my bags and following them out the door.

   We get on the bus and put everything where it needs to be. Billie, Finneas, Maggie, and I sit in the back of the bus where there's a seating area. Patrick is off doing something.

   "So... can I ask what was the argument about?" Finneas asks after a moment of silence. Billie hits his shoulder and he mumbles a quiet "ow".

   "Umm..."

'Fuck, she's hot.'

My words from last night ring through my head.

I blush, thinking about what I had said about her.

"You don't have to answer that." Maggie glares at Finneas.

"Well I- Umm... I called Billie hot." I blush even more. Finneas smirks and looks at Billie. She looks back at him and not so subtly kicks his shin.

"Stop abusing me." Finneas laughs, kicking her back.

"He called me out on it. He asked me if I was a lesbian... and I told him yes." I continue.

"I didn't want to tell him because I knew he was homophobic. I knew I couldn't leave him because he'd hurt me."

Before the tears in my eyes can even drop onto my cheek, I'm being attacked with a group hug from the three. I laugh and sniffle.

"You are always welcome here." Maggie says.

   "You got any family?" Billie asks once we sit back down.

   "I have a sister. She's 14." I smile, thinking about what she'd look like now. "I haven't seen her in 4 years... we were super close.

   "She's in the foster system. Has been for 5 years, just like me." I sigh.

   "I'm sorry, man." Billie murmurs. I shrug.

   "Maybe I'll find her one day." I smile.

{A/N}

Sorry this is so short. It was kinda just a filler chapter.