Chapter 10 : Wolves?

"Wolves?" Stormy scoffs. "You're kidding, right?"

"You were so quick to believe vampries," Carlisle states.

"But wolves?!" Stormy exclaims as she stands abruptly, the chair falling back.

"Stormy, calm down," Carlisle says as he rushes around his desk. "Wolves are real, they're in the other side of the treaty."

"But..."

"Sam Uley can explain more than I can, he is one," Carlisle says. "If you want, we are wanting your permission, the tribe elders and myself can grant Sam permission to pass the boarder and come here to explain some things."

"That... that might be good," Stormy replies, relaxing a shaky breath.

"Go and wait with Emmett," Carlisle says. "I'll call and talk with the elders in La Push."
[__] [__] [__]

Emmett and Edward were just talking about Carlisle's thoughts, Sam imprinted on Stormy. Emmett knows she wants kids. He's going to talk to her friends... Connie and Rhonda are witches, they know about vampires and werewolves. Bash and Evan are vampires from a town in Virginia called Mystic Falls.

He is going to see what those four think. So, he is gone when Stormy gets to the second story. Stormy frowns and she sits on the couch alone before Chandler sits beside her, smiling. Stormy smiles back at the vampire until the the vampries tense and someone rings the doorbell.

Esme calls that she's got it and she disappears downstairs and reappears with Sam behind her. Sam nods in greeting toward Chandler Cullen and Carlisle has Stormy come up with Sam. Stormy smiles at the taller wolf and she follows him to Carlisle's study.
[__] [__] [__]

Imprinting? It is such an odd term, but the description is so... So... beautiful. Carlisle had stuck around for Sam's explanation just to see Stormy's reaction. He trusts Sam. He also knows where Emmett has went. 

Stormy studies Sam, he is standing near the door staring at her. She isn't sure what to think or how to feel about the new information she was given, unsure how to process it.

"Really?" Stormy asks in a whisper as she looks into Sam's eyes, Sam almost stops breathing.

"Yeah," Sam replies gruffly, looming at his feet. "Really." He looks at Stormy once more. "You can learn more at the bonfire tomorrow."

Stormy nods. "Now I'm certain I'm going."

"I'll be right back, Emmett just got home," Carlisle says and he places a fatherly hand in Stormy's shoulder before he leaves the room in his abnormal, vampire speed.

Stormy hesitantly steps closer to a shirtless Sam, and he inhales - holding his breath. The brunette slowly placed her hand on his peck, right above his heart. She gasps when she feels a strong heartbeat,  something she isn't used to with Emmett.

"You have a heartbeat," Stormy whispers.

"Yeah... I'm alive," Sam replies as he watched Stormy curiously as she steps back. "Um... have... have Carlisle call me." Sam is quick to leave and he phases as he jumps the railing on the second story and runs into the trees.

"Hey," Emmett greets as he enters the room. "I... we need to talk to you."

Sebastian, Evan, Connie, and Rhonda enter Carlisle's office and they start a whole new conversation.
[__] [__] [__]

Sometimes there is such a thing as too much informantion at once. When Stormy learned that her four friends are vampries and witches, and when emmett broke up with her to give her a life with Sam, she fainted.

She's in the actual hospital when she wakes up. Stormy squeezes her eyes closed when the light blinds her momentarily and when she slowly opens them again, she sees Emmett beside the bed. A tear falls from Stormy's eyes.

"I didn't want to," Emmett admits. "But Sam... he will be able to take better care of you than I can. You deserve happiness; a husband and kids down on the reservation. You deserve to cook for people who can eat, to fall asleep on someone's chest who has a heartbeat instead of nothing." Emmett kisses her head. "Forgive me?"

"I forgive you," Stormy whispers. "Where do we go from here?"

"You and I are going to be friends while you get to know Sam," Emmett replies. "Get to know he pack." Emmett kisses her forehead once more and he walks out.

Stormy sighs and she stares at the ceiling.