Open relationship

Is it ok for me to love you?

Irene's POV

I am an intern at this hotel as a Front desk assistant. I have this co intern who is very charismatic and has this very friendly aura around her. You can't say that she is flirt because she usually distant with our coworkers.

I know that she has a girlfriend which is staying at her home town she is staying in a boarding house near to our hotel that we are currently working. While I am still going to my house which take me two to three hours to arrive. My total hours that I should be resting is consumed by time driving home.

"Hey Irene you look very tired is everything okay?" Seulgi asked me.

"Oh hey Seulgi I am just tired driving back and forth for almost six hours a day." I stated lazily to her.

"do you want to be my house mate you know that I have rented an apartment near the hotel. We can split the rent and share our food to save some up. You can also rest well." She has a good intention about it and have a good point.

"It is okay for e but are you sure that's okay for you. Because you know we are not that close yet. And how about your girlfriend? I am sure that she will get jealous if she finds out that you are I am staying with you at the apartment"

"Hey Irene I am the one who suggested it so don't worry about it." I smiled and nod to her she is very kind. I admit I'm having a little crush on her.

After a week of convincing my parents that I should move out because of convinces they finally agreed to me. Well to be exact the one that I need to convince is my grandmother because she is very protective of her one and only granddaughter.

After our duty Seulgi and I have decided to drink well to celebrate my moving in with her.

"cheers to you roommate" Seulgi raised her glass of our cheap alcohol.

"Seulgi be careful of some of our staff I think they really eyeing on you" her eyes disappeared with her laughter. Her ear like features are so very cute.

"Don't worry about me Irene I already rejected them. Besides you are the one who should be careful you are too beautiful to pass on." Her flirtatious tone really going into my soul. Making my blood rush to my face.

"hey you should choose your words to me I am a weak hearted person. I fall in love too easily. Do you know that you are flirting with me right now?"

'yes I am aware of it and I am sure to give you some signs that I am already flirting with you." She is really straight forward with her words and she is not backing down. I am also a flirt and I can guaranty her that I can do flirting with my phase but it's wrong to flirt with a person who is with a relationship.

"can I be honest with you Irene?" Her face turned into a very serious expression and I nod. "I don't do relationship I entertain the people who got my interest but I don't commit into a serious relationship."

"So I am your new play thing Seulgi? I don't really like that Idea." Alcohol is kicking in our conversation is getting s deeper and deeper.

"No I don't play with people it is just that I don't give labels in the relationship. We feel the same way to each other but we don't need to chain up ourselves with each other. We still have our own freedom."

"You have a point with that but don't you think that you are hurting them by doing that to them?"

"they are the one who always getting the benefit in this kind of relationship Irene. They find out that they are not in love with me they are just attracted to me. They don't take it seriously because I do an open relationship. But in reality I am hundred percent sure with them."

"why are you hurting your self Seulgi? Don't you think it is time for you to have a healthy relationship." She shakes her head. silence filled up the room the only thing you can hear is us gulping our liquor.

"Irene do you know saying I Love you is a scam."

"how did you say that?"

"you can easily say it. If you are weak hearted, you will just fall for it and believe that it is true. Sometimes phrases like 'I like you' and 'I miss you' have more emotions than saying 'I love you' people used it too often that the value of it is not there anymore." She drinks a glass full of liquor.

"yes that is correct. But if it came from a person that genuinely say it, it will change drastically."

"So are you up to an open relationship?" a sudden question that make my heart beat fast and make my mind confused. After a few minutes of being quite I answered it.

"ok I am doing it with you." I can see that she is really happy about my answer.

That night is the start of an open relationship. It is very scary to do this because you don't have any assurance that she will stay by my side. But she proves it wrong she remained faithful to me.

The end

Hi It's your author here saying that It is up to your imagination if they get married or if they broke up.

Let me know some topics that you would like to read like giving second chance, modern day dating or anything you like just comment it.