Chapter 43: Forever Silent

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Are you okay?"

"I'm not sure." Minho managed to say with an exasperated sigh "I can't wrap my head around all of this Gunhee, I just can't!" he said "this is not the man I married!" he yelled pointing at Taemin that was on the other side of the mirror  "and yet, he is."

"Minho, we don't know what really happened to him after he was taken away. Many things could have happened, many horrible things that could have caused him to turn into such a twisted person." Gunhee sighed "I have the feeling he went through worse hell. When I punched him he barely reacted. I hurt him, a lot, and yet he sat there like nothing was happening. My guess, he got used to pain."

"The Taemin I knew ... wouldn't do anything like the things he did ..." Minho bit his upper lip trying very hard not to lose against his emotions, he didn't want to cry "I don't know who that guy is, he's not the man I married."

"and yet he is the same man, just changed."

"I-I can't do this!" Minho wiped his face and brushed his newly dyed silvery hair back with both hands as he walked away from Gunhee who followed back.

"Minho, you can't just leave! We need you! You need to be there for the evaluations and for the second round of investigation. Jackson went to check on Changkyun, it seemed like he knows a few things about Taemin."

Minho stopped when he heard Changkyun's name, he stopped and he looked back at the alpha that was desperately trying to convince him to stay and suffer more than he already was "I'm really sorry about what happened to Changkyun, I really am."

"Minho, it wasn't your fault."

"It feels like it is."

"No, man. It's not. It's Taemin's and only his."

"and I'm married to him, so that makes me responsible for him, even if he changed I'm still the one that has to clean up his mess."

"I know you are not ready for this, but we can't do this without you."

After a while of silence Minho agreed, he said he would stay. Gunhee was relieved and together they went to the cafeteria to have a bite. Kihyun decided to make some food for everyone that took part in the fight and also to the ones that suffered losses.

🐾🐾🐾

Jooheon

"How is he?" Jooheon asked Kwanhji, the pack doctor that was examining Changkyun.

Kwanhji had a somber look on his face when he was done cleaning the wound that was surprisingly neatly done.

The doctor sighed out loud and pulled his white examining gloves from his hands to go talk to Jooheon that was standing right in the middle of the room.

"I have to give Taemin credit. For an immature he did an excellent job."  the doctor admitted bitterly. Damn that kid.

"What the hell does that mean Kwanhji?!" Jooheon doesn't understand squat what the hell Taemin did. He just wants to know the damage.

"I'm sorry Jooheon, but I'm afraid that Taemin performed a sterilization surgery. He did it so flawlessly that there's no way to reverse it. I'm sorry Jooheon, but Changkyun no longer has the means to bear children..."

Jooheon stared at the pack's doctor with dull eyes. He didn't know how to react. He just went to Changkyun's side to hold his hand while he slept soundlessly.