Chapter 23: The Worst for the Better

Authors view

It started to pour lightly when Changkyun sat alone on top of a rock. Small droplets of water dropped onto his skin, refreshing him, comforting him. It was as if the sky was crying for him because of all his misfortunes.

The crying sky reflected his mood, he felt like crying too but couldn't even work up the tears to fall from his eyes.

He got soaked, he didn't care. His eyes caught a small flower that landed on top of the river water. It was there all alone, just like he felt he was.

The omega wondered how could he survive after knowing all those things. Everything he learned was awful and surely didn't make him feel any better, it made him feel more miserable than he already was.

He wanted to dig up a deep hole, crawl in it and just die.

He couldn't believe his pack were doing such things behind his pack ... especially his mom.. or older sister... how ignorant he was. He did recall some weird things happening but he always dismissed them because he believed the lies his pack mates told him.

Such a little fool he was. Blindly believing the lies he was fed up with.

Oh, Changkyun...

He wasn't going to recover anytime soon. He had lots to think about and to do that, he wanted to be completely alone.

Kihyun

"Changkyun needs more time. We can go back to Nana's place." I told everyone that wanted to go against me. I wasn't going to hand over Changkyun just yet, not in his condition.

"Ki!" MiMi groaned already fed up with me and my runaway decisions "It's over! You guys need to go back to your packs. Changkyun needs his mate."

"HE NEEDS ME!" I shouted angrily "look at him! He's going through something and I bet my arm that he wants to be alone than to deal with his crazy, desperate mate."

"Why would he need you if he needs to be alone?"

"Because only I can respect his space. I know that I'm the only one he will eventually open up to when he feels ready. I'm... I'm his person."

"Kihyun, I know you love and care about him and that you seriously consider him as your own kid but... come on... stop being selfish... Jooheon also misses him and he's worried about him. So is your mate." Kai stepped up and I wanted to growl at him so bad for interfering. I know Changkyun, I know he wants solitude and he won't get the space he needs if he goes back to Jooheon.