Bisexuals: Misconceptions and Myths

(This was requested by Reagan)

Ah, Myths. Some are spooky, and some aren't so spooky. Myths have one thing in common, however, they are all false. Misconceptions are things people think, but they turn out to not be what said person thought. Today, we will be looking at common misconceptions and myths of Bisexuals.

"Am I bi if I find girls cute?" - Question by Reagan's mom.

Well, it all just depends, really. Most people can find girls cute, but not be attracted to them. If your mom finds herself wanting to date a girl, then maybe. Or, she could be something else, such as pan or lesbian. The thing is, if she can see herself dating a girl, then its probable. If not, then your mom probably just likes her outfit choice, or her great sense of fashion. You can still think girls are cute and be hetero.

"Do bisexuals like to cheat?" - Question by Reagan's mom.

"No! It's just like any other hetero couple. Say a girl is bi, and she likes two genders.. NB and Girls. That does NOT mean she'll date someone of both genders at the same time, nor see one behind the others back. That only means she finds attraction to those two genders. People choose to be unfaithful regardless of their sexuality. Bisexuals do not cheat because they're bi.

"You can't be bi if you only dated the same gender!"

That's not true. You can be Bi and only dated the same gender. Say a boy is bi now, and he only dated a girl, that still makes him 100% bisexual. It's all about how the person truly feels. People can be bisexual and had only dated the same gender.

"Bisexuals can't make up their mind!"

They can. Just because bisexuals like two or more genders, doesn't mean they can't make up their mind. Think of it like food. You love this cream pie, but you also really love the apple pie, (bisexuals liking girls & boys as an example) you decide to choose the apple pie and save the cream one for later, (Bisexuals choosing to date a girl as an example, to later say date a boy when they break up) but if your cream pie gets eaten by someone else, you can't eat it later, so you're stuck with the apple pie. (As in you don't break up, so you're sticking with said girl.) Hopefully that was easy to understand. Bisexuals can make up their mind.

"Bisexuals are just confused!"

If someone says they're bi, then that's what they are. If they come out as straight or gay, then that's what they are. If they come out as Bi, to only later come out as, say pan, then that's okay too. That would mean they're pan. Bisexuals are not confused.

"Bisexuals will one day have to pick a side."

That's not true! Bisexuals will never have to pick a side. If they want to date a NB, then they can. Say 30 years later they break up and want to date a girl, then then they can. Say they break up and at the age of 82 they want to date a boy? You guessed it, they absolutely can. Even after death, bisexual people would never have to choose. They never have to pick a side.

"There are no bi boys."

There are bi boys, you just see bi girls more often then such. There are indeed bi boys.

Alright. That's all! I hope this could help some of you out, and as always, love you all, babes 😘