chapter twenty eight

***NOT EDITED***

***Caroline's Point of View***

"What's starting?" I demand. "Your task." My father answers with a heavy sigh. "I'm not appreciating all the vague answers I am being given." I bark towards my parents. "How did you know I already sent Landon and Allison away? Don't give me some cryptic answer. Tell me what you know?" I boom out while thunder claps above us and lighting starts striking around the circle we are in. "What is happening?! Why... How can I do all this?!" I yell over the sound of the thunder. "Sweet heart, it's hard to explain..." Christine trailed off. "Did you know that I would send them away?!" I demanded again. "Yes!" she yelped as lighting struck a few feet away from her. "I knew that you would do that. You would do what you thought was right because you didn't have all the information." She explains quickly. "whose fault is it that I didn't know all the information? Who was supposed to tell me?" I roar already having figured out the answer.

It all made sense now. "You were so adamant about me not being involved in the rebellion. You thought if you pressured me enough I would give it up and the foretelling wouldn't happen." I say before she tries to explain herself. "When you realized you couldn't keep me out of it you decided to try to hurt me enough to get me to give it up just for your love. When that didn't work you ran away." I cry out. Tears were streaming down my face and rain started falling around us. I could see the others trying to speak, but I was still holding them quiet. "You are a coward! You left us here and never planned to help us!" I cried out. "I need to know what you know!" I demand. She missed her chance to give them to me the easy way. She wasn't going to give me the answers I wanted so I will just have to force them out of her. I turn to her mate, and realize I don't even know his name. Oh well. I free him to move and he instantly lunges to move towards his mate, but I'm not going to have that. I want my mother to feel all the pain I did. She knew how I felt about Landon and knew that I would send him away. She knew that I would feel all this hurt. She deserves to feel pain of losing someone she loves.

I freeze her mate in midair and I focus on his wolf. I can see it he is frozen as well, but he is still growling at me. Stupid mutt, I think to myself. I lessen my focus on the group to have more on this wolf. I hear voices around me, but I can't pin point whose is who. I hear screaming and crying as well as my name being yelled. Someone is trying to get me to calm down, but I won't calm down. I pull her mate towards me and he floats to where he is about half a foot away. I feel like I have no control over myself anymore, but my body knows what to do. My hands reach out and take hold of his head. I see his wolf and see his human and as my hands pull away from his head his wolf comes with me. He starts shaking as his wolf first starts coming out and it is apparent that he is in pain. I can hear a female screaming and I smile knowing that it is most likely my supposed mother screaming as well from his pain. A few second later his wolf is completely separate from him and the wolf is lying on the ground breathing deeply.

I release him form my control as well as everyone else. He falls to the ground in a heap. Christine throws herself on him and tries to wake him. William pulls Elizabeth into his arms and my father is just gaping at me. I turn to Christine and roll my eyes at her sobbing self. "Quit your blubbering." I snap at her. "He isn't dead and he is still a werewolf, but he will never be able to change again. He will always feel half empty and like something is missing." I explain to her in a condescending tone. I don't know how I know this information, but I don't really care.

"Caroline, baby please calm down. You don't know what you are doing." My father said in a calming voice. "She deserves to feel the pain I am feeling!" I explain while thrusting a finger towards her. "I know, Caroline, I know. She will feel the pain now. You got what you wanted, but right now you have to calm down. I am willing to explain everything. I just need you to calm down. Stop the storm sweet heart." He said gently while slowly walking towards me. "I...I can't control it. I don't know how to stop it." I whimper out trying not to cry. What have I done? I tore a man apart. I took part of him and destroyed it. I'm a monster. "It's ok Caroline we will help you." Elizabeth announced while pulling away from William. William nodded in agreement and watched as Elizabeth pulled me into her arms and we both fell to the ground. As soon as we collapsed everything stopped. The lightening, thunder, rain and wind all vanished. All I can hear are the sounds of dozens of wolves howling. They sound like they are in pain. I caused this. They feel this wolf's pain and they are suffering as well.