Chapter twelve

***NOT EDITED***

Dear Caroline,

I have heard that William is taking full advantage of you being under his sire bond. Is it true that he made you perform some of that horrible rap music that was popular before the last World War? If so I am terribly sorry. I will say you are still very popular among the rumor mill around the castle. The fact that your body rejected the change is amazing. I feel horrible though. I am sure it is the worse feeling ever to have to obey William all the time. Or is more of a natural reflex kind of thing? None of servants have ever experienced it so we were curious. I hope William calms down soon.

--Elizabeth

I sigh as I read Elizabeth's letter. It has been two weeks since my father and brother left and I am having a horrible time playing the part of being sired to William. It makes it slightly better that I receive at least one note from Elizabeth each day. I still have to control myself when I think about the time he made me rap for him because he was "bored". It was some ridiculous song from someone named Snoop-fish or something or other. It doesn't even matter. It was horrible no matter what animal he was named after. I just have to keep reminding myself that it is only a little over a month till my father is back. I am sure that they will have a plan worked out. I have to cling to that hope. I am still working on how to sneak into that guarded room. I cannot take any risky moves.

Dear Elizabeth,

Yes he did make me rap for him. If only this sire bond didn't exist. Then I could show him just what I am made of. He is a ridiculous little boy in all honesty. I wish I could meet you in person, but I understand your reasons of wanting to be careful. I would hate for William to find out about our notes and for you to get in trouble. For the sire bond it's a natural reflex to do what he orders, but I do not enjoy it at all. I try to fight it, but it is not going well. I hope he calms down as well. I really wish he would just give me some alone time.

P.S Could you send some more of those peppermint sweets tomorrow? They are absolutely delicious!

--Caroline

***Alison's Point of View***

Ever since my father and Danny got back from the castle everyone has been on constant alert and planning almost twenty four-seven. I have two guards with me at all times ever since I have gotten back from the castle. Danny told me that Caroline did what she had to for my freedom. It hurt to know that I was of no use for this rebellion. Granted I was getting better at fighting. Almost two months ago I gave Danny a black eye. He promised he wasn't mad, but I am pretty sure he was. I remember the first week I was back after being captured.

Landon wouldn't look at me let alone speak to me. We had never been especially close because the way he practically stalked Caroline, but he had never out right ignored me. I knew he blamed me for Caroline being stuck with William. A shiver went down my spine as I thought of William. I have nightmare every night of him biting me. The first couple of days I was back I demanded to sleep with Danny or my father. I just couldn't face being alone. Now I am able to start off in my bed and if the nightmare is too bad I sneak into Danny or my father's bed. It might not seem like much, but its huge progress. My father left, two days after I got back, to tour the other villages about what was happening. Every village sent a representative back in case any decisions needed to be made quickly.

Landon didn't just ignore me though. Once he gave the message about the treaty and Caroline marrying that monster he quit talking to everyone. I don't believe for a second that she would marry him. Thankfully neither does my family. My dad knows something is up he is just not sure what. Danny has been on edge ever since Landon told us. He insisted he start teaching me how to fight that very second.