Chapter 40.5

*NOT EDITED*

***Allison's Point of View***

After a good twenty minutes of arguing over what Caroline's weakness could be and we still had nothing to go on. "Allison?" Brandon whispered in my ear. "Your mother is fixing to enter the tent. I just wanted to give you fair warning." His voice was sounded slightly teasing, but mostly worried. "I'll behave." I assured him. "As long as she does." I tacked on for good measure in case she crosses the line. I heard the flap of the tent announcing her arrival, but have yet to glance in her direction. "Hello, Christine." My father greets her while Kale pulls up a chair next to him for her to sit in. I know why she is. It's obvious that someone will have to train me and who would it be? The Luna, of course. Clearly Brandon and Kale think that I haven't figured that out yet. They are probably assuming I will throw a tantrum when she confirms my conclusion. Well, I will not let their suspicions become facts. I can handle being trained by her. I have done nothing wrong so don't need to work to accomplish any kind of bridge in our relationship. She will be the one to extend the olive branch if she so much as microscopically wants some kind of relationship with me besides training. She walked out on us not the other way around.

"We are thankful for your help, Christine." Dad says offering some kind of peace treaty in his own way. "We have been dealing with this for a bit now, let us tell you what we have discussed--" Daniel started, but was cut off. "I was listening through the mind link so I am up to date on the Caroline situation." Christine informs us. I roll my eyes at her condescending tone. "How many times have I told you not to roll your eyes?" Christine scolded me. "Sorry you lost your chance to scold me when you walked out on your family." I snap back ready to stand up to confront her, but Brandon stealthily holds my waist on his lap not letting me move. "Why don't we all just calm down?" Elizabeth asked while shooting me a pleading look. "Who are you to tell me how to treat my daughter?" Christine scoffed causing Elizabeth to flinch back and William to stiffen. The tension was high and only building. Landon and Daniel were frustrated, but didn't seem to know what to say or do. Kale looked as if he was talking to Christine through the mind link. Brandon was trying to talk to me, but I kept ignoring him focusing on my dad who seemed as if he was about to blow a gasket. Christine's hand slamming down on the table was the catalyst that set all the tension on fire. "I am done being treated like a criminal! I made a decision and I wouldn't change it now looking back. You are my daughter and will show me respect! You need to stop throwing this childish temper tantrum of I abandoned you!" I hadn't even had time to process before my dad finally exploded leaving all of us speechless.

He didn't yell he spoke at normal level, but his words were dripping with venom and anger. "You listen here Christine, you left us. You ran. You didn't stay when you knew you should have. You had one job and you couldn't even do it correctly. The situation we are in now, that Caroline is in, isn't just her fault. If you had thought about someone else other than yourself none of this would have happened. How in the world did you think that being Cruel to Caroline would keep her out of the rebellion? Your job was to guide to her and keep her safe not push her away. Your failure is the reason we are even having this conversation. I will not sit her any longer and play nice while you torment our children." My jaw was dropped the entire speech and none of expected what happened next.

***Kale's Point of View***

I knew Christine wanted me to defend her against what Craig was saying, but I couldn't. He was right and everyone knew it. I was tired of making excuses for my mate and my wolf agreed with me. It physically hurt to see her treat Allison so badly, because the mate I knew would never do this. Craig finished and was waiting for Christine to respond, but when Christine leapt over the table towards Allison I snapped. I grabbed her roughly by the hair and slung her towards the opening of the tent. Brandon had swiftly moved Allison behind him and judging by his shaking was fighting a shift any second now. Christine rolled to a stop still in the tent and glowered at me while shaking dirt out of her hair. Daniel, Landon and William and moved to where Elizabeth and Allison were behind them and Craig remained in his seat watching us all. "How could you attack your own daughter?" I demand wanting an answer. "What has happened to you? Where is the sweet and caring Luna I know and love?" I ask softly confusion laced in my voice. "She was never real. I just needed an out from the crappy life I was dealt and lone behold I had a mate. The perfect excuse to leave. A few tears here, a few hugs and kisses here and I'm living a new life." Christine explained lightly as if talking about what flavor ice cream she liked best. Her words took my heart and shattered into nothing.

"I Kale Price, Alpha of the Dark Moon Rising, reject you as my mate and banish you from my pack and land." I didn't think as the words left my mouth and I didn't even feel the usual pain from the breaking of the bond. "I accept your rejection." Her words gritted through her teeth. "You all will regret this." She promised before exiting the tent and leaving behind a stunned audience. I expected to feel pain or loss something, but I felt the same as before. "We will be better off without her." My wolf says as if that explains the absence of any pain

.

.

.

Short but I wanted to give you guys something. I know I have been super flaky lately about updates and I know how annoying that can be. I am currently dealing with some medical issues and havent been very good at distributing my time evenly among my responsibility. I decided to make myself more accountable I will just have a pre determined days to upload each week. So lets go with mondays and thursdays. if something arises to distrub this I will let yall know. Hope you like the chapter. please vote and comment I could use the encouragment right now.

Booknerd1203