chapter nineteen

***NOT EDITED***

***Caroline's Point of View***

I woke up to something tickling my nose. I groaned and tried to swat whatever it was away. I curled myself further into the warm object next to me. What is that? Then the tickling came back a quiet chuckle caused me to peek out and see Landon holding in his laughter while yesterday came rushing back to me. "Hey" I said but yawned so it came out as a weird sounding groan/growl. "Good morning, my love." He murmured while brushing the hair out of my face. I saw the small feather in his hand and I narrowed my eyes at him. He grinned while trying to hide the feather, but I grabbed it before he could. "I'm assuming this is what woke me up?" I asked while twirling it in my fingers. He nodded while smirking. "I just wanted you to wake up. I missed you so much and wanted to talk to you." He explained sweetly while kissing my nose. "Sweet, but you know I like my sleep." I say while rolling away from him and taking the blanket with me. "Hey!" he whines trying to pull the blanket back, but I cocoon it around myself. "Baby, I'm so comfy!" I giggle out while he tries to untangle the blanket from around me. He huffs after being unsuccessful. Then I see a glint pass over his eyes and I know he is planning something. Suddenly I am being thrown over his shoulder and he is running. I can't tell where he is heading from my position.

I hear him laughing obviously happy with his plan. Sorry buddy, I'm not so easy to pull one over now. I close my eyes and concentrate. I feel myself slipping out of his grasp and the blanket falls to the ground while I float about a foot out of his reach. He slides to a stop and groans in frustration. "Not fair, Caroline!" he yells. I laugh and look around realize that we are near the food shelter. "What were you going to do?" I ask honestly confused. "I was going to get out breakfast and take you back to the field for breakfast." He explained sheepishly. "You weren't going to prank me somehow?" I asked shock. "No." He sighed. "I just wanted to make you think I was. Can you come down now?" I laugh while lowering myself down onto his back letting him know I want a piggy back ride. He grunts but doesn't complain. "Take me to my father!" I yell while slightly squeezing his sides with my legs. He turns his head to look at me and I kiss his cheek while smiling sweetly at him.

When we reach out tent my family is sitting outside eating breakfast. I look to the left and see Elizabeth and William eating outside my old tent. There are two other plates sitting on the table not being eaten by my family. I hop off and sit down next to Allison and notice she has scout on her lap. I roll my eyes while digging in. "Today we need to go over our new plan. We now not only have the stakes but we also have your gift as well. No other vampires no of your gift as far as we know, but someone could have leaked the information already. So you will need to be protected the entire time. You are obviously the first target they will want to take out." I nod while swallowing some water. "So obviously William should stay with me then. He is the only one of us that can quickly take down any vampires."

***Landon's Point of View***

I know William will be the best bet to keep her safe, but I secretly wish she would want me to be with her. "Landon?" Caroline looked at me waiting for an answer. "What?" I asked confused because I had been lost in my thought. "Dad asked if you wanted to stay with me or if you wanted to be on the front lines?" she asked, but before I could answer though she continued. "I want you with me obviously, but I want you to do what you want more." She said while taking my hand in hers. I looked at Craig an back to Caroline. "Where else would you need me?" I asked Craig. "We could use your fighting skills as a leader of one of the groups, but if you want to go with Caroline I understand. I won't try to stop you from being with her if that's what you choose." He explains while stealing a biscuit off of Daniels plate. I turn to Caroline and she smiles at me. "I love you, but I need to be where I will be most helpful." I explained scared that she would be angry. She pulled me into a soft kiss ignoring Daniels fake gagging sound. "You do what you feel is right. Besides I would be distracted by your hotness if you were around me." She said with a wink. "Please for the love of humanity stop it." Daniel begged. "William and his not hotness will give me nothing to be distracted by." She continued ignoring Daniel. "You know I may be a tent over, but I am a vampire which means I have awesome hearing." William called over while pouting. "Ellie tell her I am hot." He whined to Elizabeth causing her to laugh. "Of course you are Willy." Elizabeth cooed. "She has to say that, she's your girlfriend." Caroline shot back.