chapter thirty eight

NOT EDITED

***Allison's Point of View***

Agony is the only word I can think of to describe this piercing feeling consuming my body inch by inch. I just want it to stop. I can't feel anything, but searing pain. I'm not sure which way is up or down at this point I try to claw at my arms and my face to make sure they are still there, but I can't feel my hands. Please, just make it stop!!

***William's Point of View***

He's dead. He is really dead. My father is dead. Dead. I knew it would probably end this way, but now that he is really gone...dead. How can he be dead? Caroline has completely lost it. Allison's screams of pain drag me away from my father. Brandon is shaking and I know he is fixing to shift and attack Caroline, who is currently lounging on my father's throne without a care in the world. "Brandon! You have to calm down. If you attack her she will kill--" "Dam right I will kill him!" Caroline chimed in in a sickening sweet voice. "No one needs your input, Caroline." I snap while calming Brandon down with my gift. "Geez, someone is a little touchy today." Caroline murmurs with a sigh. I wonder if my gift will work on her. I haven't tried lately, but I know her powers have all gotten stronger. It's a long shot, but it is worth it. I concentrate on calm feelings almost sleepy feelings. Her eyes droop slightly and she fights off yawn. It's working? Before I know what's happening I am flying back and colliding with the wall. The impact knocks the breath out of me and I think I broke a few ribs.

"Did you really think that would work?" Caroline taunts her wings are spread and she is hovering in place over the center of the room. Her wings are solid black. This is the first time I have noticed since we got here. Allison's screams stop suddenly and it causes me to forget about Caroline. "Allison?" Brandon is calling her name trying to get her to wake up while holding her in his lap. I'm kneeling by him when Allison starts to whimper and shift slightly. I can see Caroline doing tricks in the air clearly not concerned about her sister. Allison shoots up gasping for air. Brandon instantly has her standing and is lifting her arms and up while spinning her around slowly. This causes a breathless giggle from Allison. "What are you doing?" she asks him once she has her breath. He is still inspecting her and it is quite funny. "I'm making sure you are ok. I'm checking for injuries." He explains easily. "Well I don't have any." She assures him. "I feel normal actually. I think I'm human." She whispers the last part. She closes her eyes and I'm not exactly sure what she is doing. She appears to being concentrating, but that's I can figure. Brandon seems to be thinking the same as I am seeing as he is just watching her. "I can't hear anyone's heart beats!" she squeals. "I can't smell your blood!" she announces while tackling Brandon. "I'm human!! I'm a human again!" she shouts while clinging onto Brandon tears of happiness pouring from her eyes. "I'm going to miss smelling your blood though." She admitted to Brandon. "It smelled delicious. I never craved it, but the scent brought me comfort." She explained when she saw our shocked faces.

"I understand love, you have a scent as well that is as you said delicious." Brandon assures her causing her to giggle. "Alright, for the love of humanity, enough with the lovey dovey gooey stuff." Caroline orders while lowering herself to about four feet above us. "You're welcome by the way, Allison. I don't even get a thank you?" she asks with her voice dripping with sarcasm. "Thank you, Caroline." Allison say's politely without much emotion in her voice. "Whatever, now on to the important issues. You three can scurry on back to the village and inform everyone that is safe to back to the villages that surround the palace." Her order causes me to stiffen slightly from not liking being bossed around.

"What about the vampires who are living here? Where is everyone going to live?" Allison asked causing Caroline to laugh at her while dropping down to her feet. "Some will move to the servant quarters. Others will build new houses for themselves in the out skirts of the villages so they can serve us." She explained as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Does she really think the vampires are just going to bow down to her? "Are you really that stupid?" Allison barks. "Look at what lengths you went to for your freedom. What makes you think you the vampires won't go further for theirs?" she demands. Speaking the words that were in my mind as well. Caroline looks shocked for a moment and proceeds to double over in laughter. Allison rolls her eyes in agitation and taps her foot in impatience waiting for an explanation. "Oh you were being serious?" Caroline asks after calming down. "Obviously." Allison snaps earning a glare from Caroline who in turn ears a growl from Brandon. "Ok everyone just calm down." I try to reason sensing that soon someone is going to do something they regret. "Are you really that concerned about the vampires rebelling?" Caroline asks Allison. "Yes, I am." Allison replied. "Fine. I'll give you one less thing to worry about." Caroline explains and then blackness takes over and all I can feel is pain.

>>>I thought about ending this update here, but decided that would be to cruel>>>

***Allison's Point of View***

William hits the ground and soon I can hear screams of pain coming from outside the door where more guards were still trying to get in. Brandon fell to his knees clutching his ears I'm sure the screaming was excoriating for him. I was torn who do I comfort? Brandon or William, who was shaking violently on the ground? Caroline is watching me in amusement as I try to figure out what to do. "Brandon, listen to me. Block it out I know you can do it." I order while trying to get Williams head on my lap. "Allison, I'm fine." Brandon pants concentrating on blocking it out. "You are doing great." I encourage Brandon while stroking William's hair trying to calm him down as well. "I got it under control now." Brandon explains while dragging William's hands away from his face. I had been unsuccessful in that endeavor and I knew I would miss my vampire abilities. "It shouldn't be too much longer now." Brandon assures me while holding Williams hands at his sides. After what feels like years the screaming stops and the silence is almost worst as I watch a motionless William waiting for him to wake up.

"Well, sister, you were worried about the vampires. Now you don't have to worry. There are none left to worry about." Caroline announces obviously waiting for me to grovel at her feet with my gratitude. William finally comes around, but of course he is not as dramatic as I was, but I can see the pain in his eyes. He knew as soon as he woke up what had happened. He had always been a vampire, he must be so lost right now. "William." I whisper he looks at me and the anguish in his eyes makes me want to cry. "Allison." He chokes out refusing to cry. "It will be ok. You helped me be a vampire and I will help you be a human." I explain trying to make him feel better. He nods and Brandon helps him to his feet. "Well now that that is settled. I believe you three are supposed to be telling our people to come to the castle. Get to it." Caroline ordered.

**its a little shorter then usual, but its midterm week. What do yall think? Vote and comment please!!** Booknerd1203