Chapter 13

Noelle's POV

These have been the longest two days of my life.  I was no closer to figuring out what I was going to do than I was two days ago.   I know I missed Nic, terribly.   Concentrating on him helped keep my mind off my parent’s anniversary but I just changed one heartache for another.   Fuck I hate the holidays!

Sitting by the fire I tried for the hundredth time to read my book, waiting for when Nic would show up.   It was only 9am so I figured he wouldn’t show up yet.   A loud knock at the door proved me wrong.

When opening the door it was not Nic’s face that greeted me in was Brian’s.   “Brian, what the hell are you doing here?”

"Hello Noelle.  I came here to find out why you keep fucking me over?”

“Brian, I have no idea what you are talking about?  I haven’t had contact with you in two years since I found you fucking Claire on the rug!”

Storming past me, “Oh get over it already Noelle.  Is this why you keep turning down my offers? Jealousy?”

Leaving the door open, I grabbed his arm “Get the hell out of my house Brian.  You have no right to barge into my house accusing me of anything.   Our personal relationship ended two years ago and as for business relationship you need to contact DKS offices directly, not me.”

Tearing his arm out of my hand, the momentum causing me to fall against the wall hitting my head on the corner.  “Bullshit Noelle.   The last 5 proposals I have submitted with DKS have all been rejected, you are ruining my business!   You need to get over yourself and stop fucking blackballing me from all of these deals.”

Brian was screaming in my face about all the deals that had fallen through because of DKS turning him down, causing him to lose millions.   For the first time ever, I truly feared being alone with him.  He was carrying on how I was single handily ruining him.  I held out my arms in order to hold him back from me, stopping him from getting to close.

“WHAT THE FUCK!”  Nic’s voice drew my attention to the still open door where he stood with his dad and two brothers.   Relief washed over me as Nic stormed over and pushed Brian away from me.   Gathering me up into his arms, he protectively blocked me from Brian’s view.

Nixon, Nash and Nate all stepped in turning their fierce glares to Brian.

“Are you fucking kidding me?  Is this why I keep losing bids?  You’re fucking a Rosemount?  Un-fucking-believable.   I knew I should have just strung you along and married you, at least my company would be prospering instead of sinking.  No I had to be greedy and fucking get caught.”  Brian ranted as he paced.

Feeling safer and stonger with the other men here, I eased out of Nic’s arms.  “What did you just say?”

“That’s right, I knew who you were from day one.   DKS controls everything and what they don’t they buy and then hold until it is worth something to someone.   Well it was no accident that we met that day.  I needed to get the contract for the new division downtown and it worked.  After a few dates, my proposals were pretty much a guaranteed.   When you finally confessed who you were after a year, it took everything in me not to laugh in your face.   That’s right doll, I played you for two years.   Hell, Claire and I were together pretty much the whole time.  My company doubled in size during that time thanks to you.   Claire and I got sloppy and that is the only reason you caught us!  God, you are so naïve, it was a piece a cake.   Once I had you trusting me, it was so easy.   You know for a business woman you sure are ignorant when it comes to getting scammed.   By the time you found out my affair I figured it didn’t matter as we set with all the contracts we had out, I never figured on you being a bitch.  Who knew you had it in you.”