Chapter 3

Noelle's POV

Finally! The last of the tests were graded and all scores have been turned in. I can finally pack my car and head to the cabin for the next four weeks!

It was only a 2 hour drive Outside the city, which wasn't bad and by the looks of it the roads are still clear. Packing up the last of my supplies, I had back in double check that everything is been turned off. Satisfied that everything on my check list has been completed I climb in my car and head for the mountains.

It really was quite beautiful here, the further outside the city I get the more trees and hills covered with snow. I passed the small town and turn left to take the road to the cabin. There are other cabins scattered along the way, but we are so far spread out that everyone pretty much keep to themselves.

With only a couple more miles to go, there is a loud clunking sound that signifies a flat tire. Great. Just fucking great. It is around 5 pm and the sun was setting. Now was not the ideal time for this to happen. Also the snow has started to come down. With in the next few hours every thing would be covered again, including the roads.

Great, just great.   You have go to be kidding me!!!!  Curse you tire gods!!!!

Grabbing my hat and scarf I headed to the trunk to pull out my jack and spare tire. Luckily most of my belongings were in the backseat so I didn't have to move to many of my supplies. I was loosening the lugnuts on the tire I heard the sound of tires crunching on the snow coming to a stop behind me.

A large gentlemen climbs out of the truck and heads my way.  Oh my.

"Hello there. I'm Nic. It looks like you can use some help. I'm pretty good at fixing flats, would you like my help?"

It was hard to get a good look at him as most of his face was covered by his hat and scarf. But from what I can tell he was well over 6 feet tall with broad shoulders , I wondered what the rest of them looked like.  Yeah, I know.  Totally not the time to be checking out some stranger that could be a serial killer.  But from what I could see was yummy.

"Um, yes that would be great. I don't want to get stuck in the snow and want to get to my cabin before it gets to black out here."

I stood back as Nic expertly began to change my tire. I found out his family hand the really large cabin at the end of the road. Just a few homes from mine. Although my cabin was no way near the size of his.  Also its hard not to notice all the cars coming and going from that direction.  

We discussed the weather and the towns activities while he worked. After 15 minutes the task was complete.

"I really want to thank you Nic. That was very nice of you to stop and help."

"Well it is the season of giving right."

"Um, yeah, I guess. Well thanks again." Turning to get into my car , his hand shot out and stopped me.

"Hey since we are neighbors would you and your family like to come up for drinks one night? My family loves to entertain during the holidays."

"That is really nice to ask Nic, but it is just me and I am not into celebrating the holidays, but thanks for asking. I really have to get going. "

Feeling like a schmuck, I jumped in my car and headed to the cabin.  Who tells a complete stranger that they are all alone and don't like the holidays.   Way to go Noelle, making yourself sound like a pathetic loser, who is a scrooge to boot.   Oh well, its not like I am ever going to see him again anyway.