Chapter 12

Nic's Family Christmas Tree

Noelle's POV

I am so screwed.   Staring in my closet trying to come up with what to wear to a Christmas Eve dinner?   How the hell would I know.   I haven't really celebrated the holiday since I was a kid.   Shit, the last family dinner I went to was at Brian's house and that was a disaster.    Since he hated his dad we rarely spent anytime with them.    

Me and families do not mix well.   Boardrooms of executives no problem.  An auditorium of students, piece of cake.   Parents and families, fuck I was clueless.   I didn't know how to relax around all that...happiness?   My family was wonderful and loving, but I was young when they died and I don't remember much.  My aunt tried her best, but she was a very closed off person and the word emotion was not in her vocabulary.  

I learned early on that she was not a shoulder for me to cry on.  Or the person to turn to when you needed advice.   She provided for me and helped me ease into the role of managing a company.  I spent my summers and breaks working and learning the ropes.   I had no issues with working since I found out people were only nice to you depending on the amount you had in your trust fund.   I threw all my energy in learning every aspect of the family business.   My aunt was acting CEO at the time, stepping in for my dad, so she was able to groom me for the position.  

She taught me all I needed to know when it came to business, but she never bothered with the family lessons.   Just great...fucking great.   Why did I agree to this when Nic called me last night?   I should have stayed strong and declined, but just the sound of his voice had my panties soaked.   I could not refuse this man anything.   Hell, I wasn't even sure yet is I ever wanted to refuse him anything.  

Stop Noelle with the crazy thoughts....focus on clothes.

Sighing, I grabbed my black fitted pants and cream cashmere sweater to go with my high black boots.    It was simply yet classy.   I added some pearl earrings, bracelet and necklace to complete the outfit.   Heading into the bathroom, I still needed to tackle hair and make up.   Trying to tame my wild red hair, I did a side braid from one sided wrapped around to the other in the back and then tied it off letting the tail drape down my shoulder.  I loved the Queen Elsa look of me.  Topping off my make up with a light lip gloss I headed downstairs to grab my coat.

The doorbell rang before I even made it to the bottom step.   He was early.   Okay deep breath Noelle, you can do this.   Just act normal and know one will realize that you suck at mingling.

Walking over to the door, I took one last deep breathe before opening it.   Nic stood there looking extremely handsome.   He was dressed in black slacks with a heavy wool over coat. 

Stepping past me his lips crashed down to mine as he shut the door with a bang.   His hands grabbed my shoulders pulling me closer to his body.

"Hell Kitten, I missed you so much.   24 hours is way too long to spend apart from you.  I cannot wait to have you all to myself later tonight."  He whispered as he placed kisses all along my jaw and neck.

A small sigh passed my lips, I loved the effect this man had on me.   My body goes from zero to a hundred with just the touch of his mouth on my skin.

Pulling back he placed on last kiss on my lips before helping me into my coat.   He waited while I closed up and locked the house.  With his hand on my lower back he guided me to his truck and helped me up before going around to the other side to get in.

The drive to his house took about 10 minutes and he drove slow due to all the snow.   As we made our way to the door he kissed me one last time.   "Relax kitten, they are going to love you as much as I do."