Chapter 7

Noelle's POV

I was so confused...he was confusing me. I had no idea what I was feeling or even where these feelings were coming from. This was so not me. I didn't do...whatever we were doing. Ahh...I hate all of this. I was a smart woman, I should be able to figure all of this out, but this was uncharted territory I was swimming in.

As I finished washing the dishes from dinner, my gaze kept making its way over to Nic as he talked about the new hotel in London that was opening soon. He was so handsome and his smile drew attention to his lips...lips that were so soft, but firm. I loved the feel of them against mine. But this was more than what his body did to mine.

I was never this comfortable with Brian. His touches and kisses felt nice, but not like this. When Nic kissed me it was like electricity tingling along my skin, drawing me in more. They were addictive and I didn't want to stop once we started. Again, this was not me. During my teenage years with my aunt, I never dated. I was still getting over my parents death and to be honest, puberty was not kind to me.

By college, I had come into my own and my red hair seemed to attract the guys. At first I didn't hide the fact of who I was or my money, but during one of my dates a guy asked if I could pay since obviously I had more money than him so he felt that I should cover the meal. The nerve of some people. Needless to say I began to be a lot choosier of who I went out with, so much so that I eventually stopped all together.

So even though I was a mature women, I had the dating experience of a teenager. No one lasted longer than one date, and I never felt like losing my virginity to a one night roll in the sheets. So here I was a women who owned an empire, all alone and still a virgin. It was downright pathetic. No one really tempted me enough before to do something about it. Even Brian, that totally should have be my first clue to what a bastard he was.

But this man here, standing next to me. Well all I could think about was making love with him. His kisses set me on fire, I could only image what the rest of him could do to me...that thought sent shivers down my body...holy hell, I just might melt right here just from the thought alone.

"Hey kitten...kitten are you even listening to me?" Nic's hand gentle rubbed my shoulder.

Jumping at the contact as well as his words. "I am so sorry, I just got lost in thought. What were you saying?"

"Oh no, I was just babbling about business, nothing important. What were you thinking so hard about that you zoned out on me?"

"Um...nothing...just something stupid."

Turning the water off, Nic turned me to face him. "Nothing you think about is stupid. I want to know every thought that goes through that pretty head of yours, so tell me. What were you thinking about?"

Before I could stop myself, "How I don't want to be a virgin anymore." Slamming my hand over my mouth, Oh my god, did I just say that out loud! From the look on his face, yes, yes I did. I turned and ran but didn't get very far. Steel-like arms surrounded my waist, pulling my body back against his chest. I struggled to break free. God, how embarrassing.

"Kitten, STOP."

Instantly my body froze at his command.

"Now turn and face me." It was like my body automatically listened to him but I backed away as I did.

My eyes were still lowered to the ground, but I could hear his footsteps as they slowly approach me.

"Now Kitten, we need to get a few things straight. First, you need to stop trying to run from me. Second, I want you, never doubt that. I want you so fucking much that I have had to use all of my control not to take you these last few days."