Things Unexpected: Part 4

Before her very eyes, Ryker and Dagger appeared onstage. Oh no. Aubrey glanced to Makenzie, panic in her eyes. She heard a muffled tapping sound and turned back to the stage.
Ryker was tapping the microphone, trying to get everyone's attention. Gasps rang out as the other guests around them saw the intruders on the stage. The crowd also mostly went silent, probably scared of what would happen if they continued to talk.
"Good. Now that I've got your attention, listen up." Ryker said.
She heard Christian and Captain Ferguson walk up next to them.
Aubrey yanked Makenzie close to her and said "I told you."
Makenzie sent her a quick glare and grunted before turning back to the stage.
"This looks like this is a nice party." Ryker gestured to the spacious room "And I heard that your beloved superhero, Mystique was invited."
Aubrey felt the knot in her stomach return. She glanced to Christian. He caught her look and, seeming to understand, he gestured to the messenger bag he'd been wearing all night. He opened the flap a little and she saw the shiny rim of their device. She nodded at him and moved to stand next to him, letting go of Makenzie's wrist.
"I wonder if she's here...or if she'll come at all." He gazed around the crowd. Letting the doubt sink into the guests. "Well she had better get here soon. The police are here right? Since they're buddy buddy with her now, they can get her here. Because, I want something from her and I've waited far too long. I've lost my patience." He paused. Waited. For someone to do something.
Aubrey, and the rest of them glanced around at each other.
Once he concluded that no one in the room was going to do anything to fulfill his request, he spoke again "Fine then. I've lost my patience. If I can't count on the police to get her here...then I'll get her here myself."
He stepped away from the mic and said something to Dagger, who was standing a couple feet away from him. Ryker pointed at something across the room. Aubrey followed his outstretched arm to one of the smaller chandeliers on the left. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. She looked back to the stage. Dagger nodded and reached his hand out. His hand was in a claw like position, and his fingers seemed to be strained. And his eyes were glowing red, like they usually would when he used his power, but he hadn't pulled out a knife from one of the many strapped to his body. She didn't understand what he was doing.
But then, she heard a strange creaking sound, and something that sounded like a tin can being crushed. And then the smaller chandelier to their left swayed. The crowd below noticed and gasps and wary wails arose.
The chandelier swayed again, but more violently this time. It's glass beads and charms clinked together. And it had jolted down slightly too. Like it was...falling.
Aubrey understood.
More cries came from the guests and some of them started to move away from the chandelier.
She turned towards her Captain "Captain Ferguson get everyone away from that chandelier. Direct them to the sides or out the building if you have to." She felt all of them look at her.
"Wait, why?" Wyatt asked.
"Because he's about to make it fall." Aubrey pointed at Dagger. She glanced around at them and saw all their faces dawn with realization. Now that they understood, she grabbed Christian's arm and pulled him along towards the stage.
"Right, ok. Here's what's gonna happen..." she heard the Captain say as she left them.
"Wha-What're you doing? What're we about to do?" Christian asked hurriedly.
"We're about to find out." She said.
They approached the stage cautiously. Making sure to hide behind tables so they wouldn't be seen. When she thought they were close enough, she grabbed a champagne bottle from the table they were hiding behind, and ducked back down.
She turned to Christian "Ok, here's what we're gonna do. I'm gonna run up there and smash Ryker on the head with this." She pointed to the bottle "it should stun him or knock him out. Then you'll run onstage and put the device on him."
He glanced to the stage worriedly but said "Okay." And nodded. Aubrey nodded back.
She moved to the end of the table and waited until Ryker's back was turned to her. Once it was she dashed from her hiding spot, up the stairs and onstage. She raised her arms bottle in hand. He heard her footsteps too late.
SMASH!
The bottle shattered when it hit his head. Ryker gasped and stumbled.
She heard Christian's footsteps come up behind her and in a matter of seconds he put the device on Rykers head and secured it in place.
The device they'd made was solid metal that covered the wearers eyes so they couldn't see.
Christian stepped away from him. He glanced at her and they exchanged a look.
"Ok c'mon!" Aubrey grabbed Christian's arm and practically dragged him off the stage. They headed towards the others.
She heard Ryker scream and grunt in protest. She assumed he was trying to get the device off.
"Hit it again!" He yelled. Aubrey didn't know what that meant but she knew it couldn't be good.
A snap resounded in her ears and the chandelier swayed even more.
Screams and panic arose from the crowd.
She glanced to it wide eyed "Oh no."
She brought Christian infront of her and pushed him to the others. He stumbled toward them. Makenzie and Wyatt caught him.
She was nearly there when she heard a cry from behind her. She halted and turned. A woman was running toward them, but her shoe had broken. Aubrey glanced at her worriedly and hurried to her. She stood beside her and tried to help her move a little faster.
She glanced to the chandelier, and it swayed even more.
"I'm sorry but I'm gonna push you now." She said, as she pushed the woman to the others. The woman stumbled forward, but made it.
Aubrey internally sighed of relief. But just as she took a step towards her friends, her foot twisted, and the room tilted. Her body collided with the floor.
"Bree!" Makenzie yelled.
She propped herself up and saw the woman she had just helped start to come for her. She glanced to the chandelier again and knew that it was at its breaking point.
"Get down!" She yelled to the woman. The woman halted.
She saw Wyatt try to come for her too, but Captain pulled him back. His face was written with panic and concern.
She moved to get up, but
Snap.
Her eyes went wide and she instinctively curled up into a ball on the floor.
CRASH!
The chandelier crashed to the floor, it's sparkling glass beads and crystals shattering and flying in every direction. She even felt some of them hit her.
She moved her arm from in front of her face, and breathed. She sat up and looked behind her. There was glass everywhere, and the metal rings and chain that had been holding it up were layered flat on the floor.
She took in a deep breath.
She glared at her heels. And cursed them for causing her fall. She reached down and pulled them off.
She got up, and tried her best to avoid stepping on any glass. She walked up to the woman.
"Are you okay?" She asked her.
"Yeah, I think so..." she said as Aubrey helped her up. They walked towards the others. Once they'd reached them, Makenzie engulfed her in a hug.
"Oh my gosh, Aubrey, are you ok?" Wyatt asked. His eyebrows furrowed with concern.
"Yeah, yes, I'm fine." She said as she and Makenzie broke apart.
    "You sure?" Makenzie asked, looking her over.
    "Yes"
      After Aubrey insisted some more that she was okay, And after pleas from Makenzie for her to put her shoes back on, they all followed Captain Ferguson to where the Governor stood.
    "Governor Mitchell, sir. I believe it would be best if we can get everyone out of the building." Captain Ferguson suggested. The Governor turned to her.
    "I was just thinking that." And so with the help of a little yelling, all the guests began moving towards the exit.
    With her friends somewhat distracted by the chaos, Aubrey broke away from the mass of people. She turned herself invisible so no one would notice.
    She glanced to the stage. Ryker and Dagger were still there. Dagger was trying to help Ryker get the device off of him. But it didn't budge.
    And while Captain Ferguson had mentioned they would go and deal with Ryker after they got everyone out, Aubrey thought that they should deal with him now.
She pressed the gem on her bracelet, and her suit materialized on her. She stood up, and stared at Ryker. A determined scowl etched on her face.
She teleported to the stage, still invisible. She unhooked her frying pan from her belt, stalked towards Ryker, and hit him on the soft spot between his neck and shoulder. He fell to the floor, out cold.
She looked up at Dagger. He backed up. Realizing what happened, she noticed him snap his fingers, and hold out his arm to the big chandelier in the middle of the ceiling. He made a strange crushing motion with his fist and let out a guttural cry.
She heard something snap and the big chandelier swayed.
Her eyes widened as she realized what he'd done. She moved to knock him out too, but in a blue flash he was gone. She huffed in frustration.
She glanced around at the guests, they all watched the big chandelier as it swayed dangerously above them. She jumped off the stage, and headed for the crowd. But before she got there...
Snap!
As if time had slowed, Aubrey saw the big chandelier start its descent. But she felt her power surge through her, nothing like she'd ever felt before. She threw her arms out and concentrated.