Chapter Seventeen

Carmen quickly got off Reid and looked out her back seat window to see a tall, built figure walking towards the car with two other seemingly male figures walking behind him. Her eyes widened with fear; not because she was scared for herself, but for Reid. She quickly reached for her dress and pulled it over her head in a frantic rush. Reid had the worst feeling that he knew why Carmen was putting her dress back on in such a hurry. He also peaked through the back window to see three male figures approaching the car and he knew that the middle figure was André out to murder him. Carmen grasped Reid's face in her hand to turn his head to look at her. He saw complete urgency in her eyes.

"Spencer, listen to me very clearly," Carmen began and Reid focused his whole attention on her.

"Carmen," they heard André call out, sounding closer than he was before.

"I'll distract them and you hurry up and get dressed. Understand? Do not waste time," Carmen strictly said and Reid nodded his head.

Carmen let go of his face and quickly put back on her shoes as Reid struggled to look for his underwear. Carmen opened the car door, stumbling out just in time to see André, Derek and Nathan walking towards the car like a Mafia out on a mission to end someone's life. Carmen quickly shut the door behind her and leaned on it to appear to have a cool exterior when on the inside she was burning up. The cool summer breeze blowing up her legs helped her cool down, but it made her realize that she was in too much of rush to put back on her underwear.

André, Nathan and Derek made their way up to Carmen, André fiercely staring at the car as if he was staring straight at Reid. Carmen looked at the car and then to the three stern men standing in front of her.

"Carmen," André said, "I was wondering where you were."

Carmen nervously smiled, trying really hard not to look super suspicious.

"Oh, I was just in the car and-"

"Where's Spencer?" André asked, cutting Carmen off.

"In the car," Carmen said.

"Why were you guys in the back seat?"

"We were just...talking. Yeah, just talking."

André stared at the car intensely, looking for a sign of Reid anywhere in the car. He thought he saw a silhouette of Reid getting changed into something; that's when ideas started to sink into his mind. He looked at Carmen and noticed how different she seemed. Her hair was more flat when back at the restaurant it had more volume and curls. Her dress was ruffled up and kind of crooked on her. André went kind of silent-a thinking silent-which made Carmen extremely nervous.

"Are you still going to come swimming with us? That's why Derek and I came out here to find you and Spencer in the first place," Nathan said, trying to break the awkward silence.

Carmen turned her attention to Nathan. "Umm, maybe tomorrow; I'm super tired and so is Spencer. Sorry,"

"No, it's okay, we can always hang out tomorrow. When do you leave again?" Nathan asked.

"In four days,"

"That's so soon,"

"Yeah, well, I have work to go back to and Spence definitely has a lot of work that he has to get back to."

While Carmen and Nathan were holding a conversation, André saw it as the perfect opportunity to investigate deeper into why Carmen and Spencer spent so much time alone together outside, far away from the house and why Carmen looked so exhausted and nervous. He slowly reached for the car door handle to the back seat, but he was met by Carmen sharply stopping him by slamming her side on the car door.