Chapter One

A few days went by and Carmen was still embedded in Reids mind. He finished Lolita the day after he got it because he couldn't contain himself from breezing through 336 of the books pages. Through out the book he started to realize what Carmen meant by the story line being similar to her life. It was basically about a young girl being controlled by an older man that was related to her by marriage, but no one knew how infatuated Humbert was with Lolita so he never got caught. Obviously the ending of the book wasn't really the same because Carmen didn't die in child birth, but Jason did get locked away.

It was Friday evening and Reid was gathering all his belongings to leave for the night. He took up his satchel and headed to the door, but was stopped by Garcia calling out his name from behind. He quickly turned around to see Garcia rushing up to him.

"Reid! So, you know how Morgan's wedding is coming up?" She asked.

"Yeah," Reid replied.

"Well, Morgan and I thought that it would be nice for you to have a date. Don't get me wrong, I know about how much you liked Carmen, but this girl is as good as Carmen," Garcia assured.

Reid looked skeptical about what Garcia said. "How so?"

"Well, she went to the University of Washington with an MBA and she now works as a venture capitalist. She's a 28-year-old independent woman, she has a cat named Fritz, she enjoys reading Agatha Christie's novels and she's a really close friend of mine, so you should at least consider going for her."

"The University of Washington is rated #46 on the national university rankings. Carmen went to Princeton University which is rated #1 next to Harvard and received a BS degree in exercise science and neuroscience, has her masters degree in health science and kinesiology, top of her class in all the sciences and maths, her favourite authors are Shakespeare, Stephen King and Vladimir Nabokov and she's more of a dog person."

"She also has a PhD in Physical Therapy."

Reid looked at Garcia confused. Not even he knew that, so he figured that Garcia did her research on Carmen.

"She's a really smart girl and she's gorgeous, but just get to know Tina before the wedding," Garcia pleaded.

Reid thought for awhile. "Fine, I guess I'll meet her, but I'm not so much sure about dating her," Reid explained.

Garcia nodded in full understandably. "I know, I'm just glad to get Carmen off your mind for awhile. Do you think she's going to be proven innocent?"

"I can only hope."

After that conversation, Reid and Garcia said their goodbyes and went their separate ways. 

On Saturday night, Reid met up with Morgan and Garcia at some restaurant that Reid didn't know of in downtown D.C. When he entered he saw Garcia and Morgan waiting for him near the entrance of the restaurant.

"Pretty boy!" Morgan greeted as Reid walked up to them.

"Hey," Reid greeted back.

"We've been waiting for a life time for you to come! I'm dying to introduce you two!" Garcia exclaimed overly excited.

Reid wasn't really comfortable with this whole idea. He didn't really want to get to know someone else when it was so easy for them to slip through his fingers. Garcia excused herself to go to the bathroom to get Tina and after a few minutes he saw the girls washroom door open.

He braced himself as soon as he saw a red heel step out of the bathroom and soon saw a lady walk out of it. Morgan glanced at Reid and smirked; he could tell how nervous Reid was.