Chapter Seven

Three weeks passed by and in no time May was coming to an end very quickly. The temperature was rising and so was the tense feeling Morgan was giving off at work. There was only about two weeks left until his big day and he was stressed out to the point where Garcia was worried about him.

"He hasn't said a 'hey, baby girl or a 'how's it going, momma' in days," Garcia told Reid and Emily in her Morgan voice. They laughed.

"Garcia, I don't think you should be so worried. He is marrying the only woman he's ever stayed with longer than two months," Emily stated. Reid nodded in agreement.

"Actually, my second longest relationship was with a woman named Wendy and it lasted for a year," Morgan informed them when he came from behind.

They all sighed hopelessly at that memory since the story of Wendy never does get old. It was a story Morgan always tells whenever he gets the chance to. During car rides, having dinner, at get togethers, anywhere really. Even though they've heard it a million times, the team still loved hearing it because it was amusing to them to hear Morgan go on this whole rant about how him and Wendy broke it off.

"So, tell us again how Wendy and you broke up?" Reid asked in amusement.

Morgan cleared his throat. "Well, it was a night like tonight and Wendy and I were at a night club having some fun, but then I saw her checking out this other guy from across the room and let me tell you, it was no normal stare; it was a hunting stare and Wendy's eyes were set on this guy. You know, being myself, I asked her why she was checking out some other guy and do you know what she tells me?" Morgan asked expectingly for the others to reply.

"I am a strong, independent, grown woman who can go have fun with any man I want," the three of them said in unison. All of them started to laugh.

"Yes, so you knowing me, I wasn't going to stay and be humiliated like the strong, independent, grown man I am. I left the club and went home, but not too long after I left, I get a call from Wendy and she told me how much she was sorry, the guy wasn't that interested in her and she needed a ride home and that's when I said-"

"Girl, you be trippin'," Reid, Garcia and Emily interrupted. They all began laughing till their faces became hot.

"Is Morgan telling the Wendy story again?" JJ said as she walked over to their group.

Everyone turned to look at her. They all smiled and nodded as a response to her. JJ smiled and shook her head. She loved hearing that story and she was usually the one who laughed the loudest whenever Morgan told it. 

"I'll tell it to you another time, JJ. I have a date with a pretty lady tonight," Morgan told everyone with a wink.

"Ooo, well on that note I better go home and cuddle with Sergio. A cat can take the place of any spouse," Emily joked as she got up. 

Reid remembered once when Emily left for the weekend, he had to take care of Sergio and it definitely wasn't an easy task. Sergio almost scratched Reid's face for trying to give him 2% milk. He's a very high maintnance cat. Eventually by the end of the weekend they became pretty close.

"I'm going to go home and catch up on some missed sleep," Reid said while getting up.

Everybody looked at him in a suspicious manner. Reid felt strange eyes watching him, so he turned and looked at everybody. They all had a smirk on their face. Reid was a bit confused at what could possibly have them smirking.

"I see you've been up all night with Carmen," Morgan said.

Garcia let out an 'ooo' after Morgan's statement. Reid turned red at the assumption.