Chapter Twenty-Four

"Babe, are you almost done?" she called out from the living room as she set two glasses of wine on the coffee table.

There was silence as she sat down on the couch, leaning her back on the red cushions. She closed her eyes, exhausted from a tiring day at the hospital, dealing with kids all day could become tedious. But her exhaustion was put to the side when she remembered the night that was ahead of her. She looked at the hair tie on her right wrist and remembered that he told her that he liked it when her hair was up. She brushed her hair back with her fingers before tying the elastic around her dark brown hair three times.

She closed her eyes again, exhaustion starting to defeat her. He was taking forever and if he didn't hurry up, she would fall asleep before they could do anything.

"I like your hair up like this," she heard his voice say from behind the couch.

She opened up her eyes again with a smile blooming on her face. She felt his hands gently fall on her shoulders. She sighed at the feeling of them making their way down the base of her neck, anticipating what was next. She never noticed how soft his hands were, they almost felt like suede.

"When your hair's up, I can do this a lot easier," he explained.

She opened her mouth to say something, but was cut off by his gentle hands wrapping around at the top of her neck, harshly squeezing it. He roughly pulled her neck back, watching her desperately trying to gasp for air, but barely any air went down her windpipe. He smiled as he looked at her blue face, her eyes still wide open with shock and fear. He started to smile even bigger when he felt her body go limp and the struggling stopped.

—————-

"So he has a thing for brunettes," Morgan pointed out as him and Reid stared at the corpse of a girl sitting on her red couch.

Reid turned his head to his left and then right, briefly checking his surroundings of the small apartment for any other evidence that they might have missed. There wasn't much evidence to point to who did this. All they could speculate was it was a male in his late twenties with a muscular built doing this. He leaned over her body to examine her face clearly. Her blue eyes had glossed over and she was just staring up as if she was still looking at the man who did this to her. Her mouth was open, as if she was still gasping for air. He walked around the couch, so that he stood looking down at her from the opposite side. Looking at her made chills run down his spine and his insides go numb and he didn't exactly know why.

"He gets off on watching them die," Reid said, still looking down at her as she looked up at him.

Morgan nodded in agreement. "Do you think that's ironic considering all of his victims worked at a hospital,"

"Yeah, that is ironic. I wonder why he chooses such a specific profession,"

"Well, before Sarah, Marcy, Quinn and Chelsea there had to be that one woman that was his first victim; we just haven't found her yet,"

"You're right, Chelsea's death was too calculated and it was set up too perfectly."

Morgan smiled deviously towards Reid, while waltzing his way over to stand beside him. He gave him a nudge

"Talking about calculating and setting up things perfectly, what are you doing for Carmen's birthday? I didn't hear you say anything about it," Morgan asked.

"Well, we decided before her birthday that we would just celebrate both our birthdays on my birthday since it just makes sense to celebrate it as one because we're just born eight days apart," Reid explained as he returned his attention to the staring corpse.