Chapter Six

"It's been four days, six hours and forty-two minutes since she said she'd call me," Reid told Morgan as they were walking out of Starbucks to go back to headquarters.

"Did you try to call her?" Morgan asked.

"Of course, but she didn't answer."

"Did you go to her place to see what's up?"

Reid shook his head. Morgan sighed and also shook his head, but in shame towards Reid since he found him pretty hopeless in this conflict situation.

"You should go to her house tonight and sort things out," Morgan suggested as they reached his car.

"Thing is that I don't know where she lives," Reid confessed as he opened the car door.

Morgan shook his head in his hand for a response at what Reid said. It was as if Reid was forever stuck on the bleachers and couldn't even go to first base. Morgan got into the car and took in a deep breath as he started the engine. He turned to look at Reid and Reid felt Morgan staring at him so he stared back.

"I'm guessing you and JJ haven't ironed things out either," Morgan presumed.

Reid nodded his head. "She did try to apologize yesterday for what she did, but I can still tell that she's not comfortable with Carmen and I together."

 "Well, Reid, she did kill two people."

"Oh, so you think she's some mass serial killer like her foster dad was?"

Morgan shook his head. "No, I just understand why JJ might be worried about it."

Before Reid could reply back to him, Morgan's phone went off. Reid held his words so that Morgan could read his text message.

"Talking about JJ, she texted me and we've got a case."

"Great, now I can't go to Carmen's place"

   Everybody was seated around the round table when Reid and Morgan walked into the conference room. Garcia had already set up the pictures of the victims on the screen and was about to start explaining what happened until they walked in. She waited for them to take their seats to start talking again. 

"In Topeka, Kansas there have been two bodies discovered; Mark Robertson, 30, and Ruth Zale, 30, were found hung upside down by their legs on a tree at a local park," Garcia explained as she showed the pictures of the victims on the screen.

From the pictures the team could see that the victims were brutally beaten mainly around the face area and further down to the collar bone area. The victims were also shot in the forehead, probably being the cause of death for both victims. Everyone took a look at their tablets to take a better glimpse at the pictures to check for any details.

"When were these bodies discovered?" Hotch asked.

"Mark Robertson and Ruth Zale's bodies were both discovered Monday morning," Garcia responded.

Reid zoomed into the picture of Ruth and looked closely at her face. He noticed that the blood trail from her nose, mouth and bullet hole were trailing downward instead of upwards.

"They were hung post mortem," he said.

"But why? Why go out of your way to hang them in a public area especially in the morning when there could be witnesses," Emily said.

"The only thing these victims have in common is their age and location," JJ said.

"The crime scene will tell us more, wheels up in thirty," Hotch announced as he got up.