Chapter 30: New Friend

Start from the beginning

Hmm... talking to someone would actually let me pass time so I guess it's okay. This person seemed like someone with a depth personality, who I can converse with seriously, unlike Millen's acquaintances who only knows gossip.

Anyway, as expected, I did not see Lennox so far at this after-party event. If my guess is right, then just like the previous years, he probably did not attend.

It's not like I could just leave here either just to chase Lennox... Zeus Costales would probably raise hell if I did that. They spent millions too in just getting the dress I'm currently wearing so I might as well play my part.

Also! Lennox was with another girl. Tss. Who knows where they went after this? Even if I wasn't obligated to stay in the after-party for Zeus Costales, I'm sure I wouldn't have had the opportunity to hang out with him earlier since he brought a partner to the event...

Ah, just remembering it makes my head hurt. It kills me not knowing what relationship he has with that random woman he brought.

At this point, I could feel that my mission just keeps on getting harder and harder. Who knew it was this complicated just capturing a man's heart? And to think that I was so confident at the start!

Quickly, I politely took the hand that Kyle Diaz extended to me. Then, I was the first one who let go of our hands.

"Nice to meet you, Kyle. I'm Millen Yu, granddaughter of Senate President Zeus Costales. I've been attending this event with my grandfather since I was 18." I said softly.

"Wow! That's amazing. Your background is outstanding. I've been pursuing my Master's in Research on London for the past years and only came back to the country this year. I haven't been mingling around here for a while." he said.

"Oh, I'm sure you'll be fine. By the way, you have Master's in Research? That's so cool. I'm still studying in medicine school right now and if I wasn't doing this, I'll probably want to pursue what you did." I replied enthusiastically.

Seriously, I'm a bit envious. There are only few people in the country who are able to pursue a Master's in Research. More so, he pursued it on London! It's incredibly hard to pursue it there, as they base on one's skills and background.

"Oh? Funny, because while I was studying my undergrad course, Biomedical Engineering, I was also thinking if I should pursue medicine instead." he said in a charismatic voice.

"Anyways, our fields are deeply related to each other. If there's anything you want to know about my field, don't be shy to ask. But, of course, you'll have to help me out as well with my questions." he continued.

I let out a small chuckle at his invitation.

Well, this should be fine, right? Millen had a lot of guy friends, just like that Xavier Ayala, who kept me in company while I was completing the rest of Millen's time studying her undergraduate course.

Besides, this is what Millen Yu's family would want her to do, build out her connections. Also, Kyle Diaz' dad is a senator and that already says a lot. More likely than not, his dad is probably affiliated with Zeus Costales.

"Sure. Why not?" I said simply.

We talked more and I am actually quite amazed at his deep knowledge about the medical and research field. He's a very intelligent person.

While we were still talking, suddenly, a waiter who was facing my back offered wine to us. Naturally, I turned around to get the wine he offered.

But then, my gaze fixed on the two people I just saw.

Lennox attended the after-party? And, with that woman!?

My mouth twitched at the sight.

The beautiful woman he brought gently offered some dessert to him, even feeding him herself. Lennox frowned slightly but still took it without any reluctance. Afterwards, the woman chuckled at Lennox and they talked for a bit more.