18: Astrea - Joe Sorren

HE PICKED HIS umbrella from the rack alongside Uraraka as they talked about his sudden internship offer. Iida had suddenly left before them, and (L/n) was with the teacher.

Midoriya wondered what was in the note, and if that was the topic of their discussion or what. Still, she looked very nervous, maybe a little sad. Even Todoroki asked if she was gonna be okay.

"(Y/n)-Chan? Yeah, I'm sure. She doesn't let anything faze her easily," he answered, but had a harder time trying to convince himself. He'd never seen her with that kind of half somber half accepting look.

Todoroki slurped his soba. "I see."

Oh, right. Todoroki was the only other one that read what was in there. "So you think it had something to do with the note?"

Heterochromatic eyes glanced up at forest green. "... Most likely."

"Ooh, scary," Uraraka said suspensefully. "What did it say anyway?"

Todoroki paused, but then continued slurping as he looked at her. "...There's lettuce in your teeth," he told her.

"What?! Ahh, so embarrassing!"

Uraraka scrambled to pick it off subtly, and Midoriya chatted with Todoroki. "Are you worried about her?"

Todoroki slurped his noodles passively, and looked to the side. "She offered me a ride in the rain, and gave me an umbrella."

Oh, so did that mean they were friends?! Was that the only reason he helped? Actually, what was with that light blush on Todoroki's face-

Sluuuuuuurp.

Some things were better left alone. That's how lunch went. Now, after school, he and Uraraka were getting ready to head home.

Someone stepped out in front of him, and Midoriya blinked in surprise. "Oh, Kacchan! Do you need something?"

Bakugou didn't snap like he'd expected him too. Instead, he looked at the floor, then up at him with narrowed eyes. "Where the fuck is idiot (Y/n)?"

"(Y/n)-Chan? I think she's still with Aizawa-Sensei. Are you okay, Kacchan?" he asked, now noticing how uneasy the blond seemed.

"Shut up, I'm damn fine," Bakugou glared. He seemed to think for a moment, before passing the two and into the school building.

"Where are you going?" Midoriya called.

Bakugou sprinted up the stairs, a sense of urgency rushing through his body. It was his fault. He just couldn't let it go, he knew that. He didn't know why that icy hot bastard saved her, but he didn't like it. Although he did let out a breath when he refused to read it.

He came to a stop in front of the stairway to the second floor, where (L/n) was walking from. She had her head down, and he couldn't see her face.

"(Y/n)," he breathed.

(L/n) looked up at him, looking startled. Her eyes were so pretty, like pools of (e/c) now that he thought about it, even with that imperfection in one of her irises.

"Bakudan," she smiled.

The smile quickly fell apart, and her mouth quickly began to tremble. A tremor overtook her shoulders, and he rushed over to her as she collapsed on the stairs.

"Hey, don't tell me..." He trailed off as he put a hand on her shoulder, shaking with the tears rolling down her face. He gently took off her glasses as the tears fell and she clenched her teeth.

"Sorry," she said. "You were right. About everything." (L/n)'s face was red, and she wiped her face as sobs escaped her throat. "I know you were. But it still... It still hurts... A lot..."