12: Harvest of Cherries - Robert Spear Dunning

Usually I only update twice in one day if something bad as coming......... And it is, but not yet.......... I just write too much for this............ Sorry........
--

PRESPERATION SLID DOWN her face as the sun beat down while she ran. She was right after all, and had gotten squished squished while in the doorway. It made her extremely uncomfortable, but what more could she expect from one of U.A's tests disguised as a game?

Shit. She was actually pretty close to who currently held number one in the race, Todoroki. If they were allowed to use their Quirks, and he was allowed to do what he just did, she'd be able to get him from there if she wanted, right?

That might be rude though. And she didn't want to be in first place either, or even second. It was too much attention. Maybe she'd slow down her pace a bit in the next round.

Oh, given how much effort she felt pressured to put in, maybe she shouldn't have been surprised to have been able to make it to the next round. With her quirk, depending on how it was used, she could be very mobile, which was necessary with all the surprise obstacles. And while she'd been dodging all those attacks in the race, she finally got her public introduction courtesy of Present Mic.

"(L/N) (Y/N)! HER QUIRK, H2O ABUNDUNCE! SHE CAN CREATE WATER AND USE IT FOR MOSTLY OFFENSIVE PURPOSES, MORPHING AND SHAPING IT WITH AS MUCH PREASSURE AS SHE WANTS, OR INNOVATIVE WAYS LIKE HOW SHE IS RIGHT NOW! GOTTA SAY, THAT'S ONE FLEXIBLE POWAAAAR, GIRL!"

Yup, he was her favorite teacher for a reason. Definitely. No doubt.

In first place came Midoriya, then Todoroki, then Bakugou. (L/n) was mildly surprised at the fact that she was able to get as high place as she could with fifth place. Definitely not as surprising as that stunt Midoriya pulled at the minefield though.

"Izukyuu," she called out as she sprinted to him, heaving a bit.

"Oh, (Y/n)-Chan!" he smiled, also sweaty and a little dirty.

"That was an excellent way to take advantage of the obstacles," she complimented. "If anyone's first place, I'm glad it's you of all people."

"Oh, th-thanks! You did really good yourself, especially since you showed up at the very last second! Which, I mean, doesn't have to do with anything and isn't necessarily a bad thing but I just, um, goodjobouttheretoo!" he squeaked, getting increasingly flustered as he started hiding his face.

(L/n) chuckled and patted his back. Just then, Uraraka came up to them.

"DEKUUU! THAT WAS AMAZINGGG!" she wheezed, smacking him. In the background, Iida seemed to be having an existential crisis. He must've been upset he didn't get as high as he wanted to.

"Oh, thank you!" Midoriya replied, still a little pink faced.

"You too, (L/n)! The range your Quirk has is totally impressive! I wish I had that kind of range!" she praised.

(L/n) was flattered. "I appreciate it, Uraraka. Still, it's also impressive you got as high as you did despite the competition. It goes to show how skilled you are."

"GAHHHH! YOU'RE SO KIND, (L/N)!" Uraraka threw her head back. "AND I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU TWO GOT SUCH HIGH PLACES! I'M SO JEALOUS!"

Curiously, (L/n) walked up to Iida. "How are you doing, Iida? My pal? My buddy?"

Iida removed his glasses and wiped the sweat off his face. He was a little red from the games, and he sighed. "I should've tried harder. My brother is watching, and all I've done is failed him so far."

He looks kinda hot without glasses. "Relax, Iida. Anyone would be honored to have such a dedicated little brother such as yourself. You mustn't be so hard either. After all, the game is just beginning," she reassured him politely.