Chapter Twenty-Five: "Visions"

Wow, Jess's couch is much more comfortable than I remember.

Sunlight is beaming through the window and shining onto my eyelids. I scrunch my face and groan at the extreme throbbing in my head that I feel without even opening my eyes.

But when I do open my eyes, my breath catches in my throat.

I expect to see the inside of Jessica's trailer in front of me. But instead, I see a light grey wall a few feet in front of me. I slowly look down at what I'm lying on, finally realizing that I'm in a bed and not on a couch.

I frantically sit up, and the comforter falls from my chest revealing my bare breasts. I lift the blanket and look under it to find out that I am completely naked. My breathing becomes erratic as I look around the unfamiliar room and see my clothes, along with a boy's clothes, scattered across the floor near the door.

My head snaps to the door as it begins to open. I yank the comforter up to cover my chest before the door opens completely.

My jaw drops at the boy in front of me.

"What. The. Fuck." Is all I can think to say.

"Hey, Pen." He smiles softly, almost cautiously.

To my absolute surprise, Jackson stands in the doorway, wearing only white Calvin Klein boxers and holding a glass of orange juice and a bottle of Advil. The longer I look at him, the angrier I start to get because of the fact I have no memory of how I ended up here, wherever I am, and naked.

"Where the hell am I?" I practically growl.

Jackson's eyebrows furrow. "My....apartment." He answers as if it should be obvious.

I look down at my chest, remembering I'm naked under the covers, then back up at Jackson with a glare.

"No," I finally mutter as I begin to get out of the bed, taking the comforter with me, and ignoring the insane headache I have. "No, this cannot be happening to me again." I mumble to myself.

"Woah, woah, woah," Jackson rushes over to me, setting the juice and medicine down on the nightstand behind me. "What's going on?"

"Why don't you tell me!" I exclaim loudly.

His face scrunches in confusion before realization washes over his features. "You don't remember anything, do you?"

As hard as I try, all I can remember is blacking out on Jessica's couch. But the fact that I woke up in Jackson's bed naked is all my mind can really focus on.

"Jackson, please tell me you didn't fuck me." I practically beg as I look down at the floor before glancing back up at him.

Jackson looks away from me and his jaw clenches. I know his answer before he even says it.

"I can't tell you that." He tells me, his eyes shining with remorse as he connects his gaze with mine again.

"Damn it, Jackson! What the shit is wrong with you?!" I yell angrily, as I push against his chest with one hand while the other hand holds the blanket that covers my body. "Why the fuck would you fuck me when I was obviously blacked out?!"

"Wait, what do you mean you were blacked out?!" The volume of his voice matches mine, but his tone is laced with alarm.

"I was unconscious!" I push his chest again, harder this time. "You fucking rap-"

"Chill, Penny! I did not do that, so don't even say it!"

"Oh really?! Then what do you call having sexual intercourse with someone who's unconscious?!" I shout, as I push past him and start to gather my clothes off the floor.