Chapter Seventeen: "Murdered"

After Michael left, I started getting ready for the night

After Michael left, I started getting ready for the night. First, I needed to go check on my supplies.

So, stepping into my mother's empty room, I go straight to the bathroom. Crouching down in front of the cabinet, I open it to see the infamous brown box right in the front. After my mom's accident, there was no point in hiding it anymore since she had found it. But now that she's at rehab, I really don't have to hide it until she comes back.

I grab the box and, since I didn't tape it closed last time, open it. Luckily, I have enough supplies to sell tonight. But I might have to buy more Vicodin from Alex because I'm running low on it.

Once I pack several different pill bottles into my black back pack, I stand up and leave my mom's room. I head upstairs to my room to shower, do my makeup, and get dressed.

After my shower, I pull my dark hair up into a high ponytail without drying it. Then, after pulling my robe on, I start my makeup. I do my usual black smokey eye and then coat my lashes in mascara. I finish my makeup off with chapstick and a little bit of lip gloss. I look in the mirror at myself, happy with my reflection, before turning around and walking into my room to get dressed.

(no sunglasses)

(no sunglasses)

I pull on my second boot then stand up and grab my back pack and phone off the bed. Clicking my phone on, I check the time, seeing that it's 8:30pm. I slide the device into my back pocket and head out of the house.

******

Just like always, when I get to The Hive, I park far away so that my car doesn't get broken into. With that thought, I check my pockets for my knife but come up empty. I quickly realize that I left it at home and a wave of nervousness washes over me. I've never really had to use it, but it still gives me comfort to have it.

Walking up to The Hive, I immediately see Emory picking up beer bottles alone.

"Emory," I say, to get her attention, and she turns around to face me.

"Penny Pope," She smirks, almost as if she knows something that I don't. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"You owe Alex, he's why I'm here." I answer dryly. "Where's everyone else?" I ask, referring to our other friends.