Chapter 16 - Baby shower

Life as an expectant mother has been really sweet. When I entered my third trimester, Mic refused me doing anything. When I say anything, I mean anything. Not even to lift a pin on my own.

He's literally spoiling me.

He continuously offers to bath me and always say, "I don't want you to stress yourself or our babies." Yeah! We are having twins. I really can't wait to bring them into my arms.

Back to reality. Today's my baby shower and anytime from now, I will push out my lollypops.

"Congratulations baby," my mom smiled, hugging me. I noticed something about my mom I couldn't place. All I know is she's badly glowing.

"Thanks mommy. You will be a grandma soon," I smiling, drinking my smoothie. "I can't wait. Especially now that I'm also gonna have your sibling," she replied.

I choked on the smoothie on hearing the words 'your sibling'. "Hey, take it easy baby," she said patting my back. I coughed for a while which she handed me a glass of water.

"Did you just say sibling, mom?" Like you are....you're preg....pregnant?" I stuttered.

"Yes baby. Your dad is super excited. Having a child and grandchildren the same year. It's unbelievable but true at the same time." She sighed, looking at something I can't seem to find.

OMG. I can't believe it. My parents are having a baby too. I'm finally gonna have a sibling. Ever since I was a kid, mom and dad always tried to have another baby but to no avail.

I guess God's ways are the best. Mom is forty six, but will be a year plus this year. She had me in her twenties and since then, her womb never conceive again untill now.

I will definitely make the best elder sister and mother in the whole world.

I left mom to meet dad. He was with the guys. I mean my husband, Barry and father in law. "Congratulations daddy. I can't believe it. I'm gonna have a sibling," I rushed him into a hug, ignoring my big baby plump.

"I guess your mother already spilled the beans." He said, hugging me back. The men just stood there watching father and daughter display our little love.

When we pulled away, we met six eyes staring at us. U know, each person has two eye balls. Three persons makes it six eye balls. U get?

I left dad with the men to go use the restroom.

*

*

*

We were all celebrating and having fun when we heard a knock on the door. "Are you expecting any one else?" Barry asked looking at Micheal.

He shook his head, "No. I'm not. Are you, Mel?" He looked at me

"Of course not. I only have one best friend who is already here." I said.

Barry went ahead to open the door only to see the last person I never imagined I would come across again.

Lizzy? Right? What the fuck is she doing at my baby's shower? Who even gave her my home address? I'm gonna rip that person to pieces..

"What the hell are you doing here?" I yelled.

"Babe, came down," Mic held my hand, using his other hand to stroke my back. 

"Imelda, I'm sorry," was all she vomited. She wanted to kneel down but mom caught her and stood her up. "Baby, I want you both to settle your differences. Elizabeth came to your dad and I begging that she wants to see you. I had no option than to invite her. I'm sorry," mom said.

The flash back of Lizzy and Harry hit me hard, I couldn't control my anger for a reason I don't know. Maybe it's the pregnancy hormones or my babies aren't comfortable with the presence of Lizzy.

"Get ooooouut. And never show your face in my house, ever again," I yelled, my hand on my big tummy. I felt something break as I yelled on top of my voice.

Down my legs, I felt liquid run down to the ground. "Baby," I sighed in pain, calling out to Mic. "I think I just peed on myself," I said touching my thigh. Instantly, I felt a sharp pain in my belly as I cried out loud, "Ahhhhhh!"

Everyone panicked including Lizzy. I heard my mom, "the babies...take her to the hospital," she yelled at no one in particular.

*

*

*

I panicked as the nurses wheeled her into the labour room. "I'm sorry, you have to stay outside," Zara told me. "Instead of panicking, why don't you sit and pray for safe delivery," she smiled and went in.

Only Barry and Ify followed us to the hospital. The rest stayed back hoping for the best.

"Calm down, bro. She will come out with the babies," Barry sighed, trying to calm my nerves. "Hey, I'm sure she won't be happy if she hears you were like this," Ify added.

I stared at the two lovers. I couldn't help but smile at how cute they looked together. "Thanks guys," I sighed, taking a seat beside them.

An hour passed, but it felt like forever, yet Zara didn't come out. Nurses come in and out at intervals refusing to say any word to any of us.

Ify slept off on Barry's legs. I guess they were stressed out and tried of seeing how panicked I was.

Finally, Zara came out from the labour room. The look on her face sent fears to me. At this point, I just wanted Mel to be alright.

"How's she? Did they make it?" I said waking both Barry and Ify.

"Uhm.. You see... " she trailed off

I felt something hit my chest. "They didn't make it, did they?" My cracked voice asked. She looked at me and a huge smile formed beside her lips.

"I got into you, right?" She laughed. "I'm sorry and know it's unprofessional but we are buddies," she smiled.

Barry and Ify heaved a sigh of relief. "So how are they?" I asked again.

"Congratulations Mr Odogwu or should I say Micheal. But there's one thing, she didn't have twins," she said smiling.

My heart bled. "She lost a baby. Damn it," i sighed hitting the wall.

"I never say so too. Can you be positive Micheal. I said she didn't have twins doesnt imply she lost a baby," she spoke again.

"Then go to the fucking point. And stop beating round the bush," Barry said in frustration. Zara just laughed.

"Okay, fine. Before the brothers eat me raw. Congrats, your now a father to triplets. Two boys and a girl," she finally dropped the bomb.

The overwhelming happiness and joy that ran through my blood streams made me lift Zara up. Barry and Ify hugged and kissed like they were the ones who just had the triplet.

"Can I go see them now?" I asked.

"Can you? Really? Then we will stay here like the bodyguards right?" Barry joked.

Zara chuckled. "You all can go in now."

*

*

*