Chapter 4 - The Family Dinner Date

Micheal and I have been seeing eachother lately. He surprisingly shows up at my work place at every opportunity he has.

Though he hasn't made any move yet on me nor ask me out yet. We go out on dates but only just as buddies.

I really don't know but I think I'm in love with him. No! Don't be stupid, how can you be in love. It's just eighteen weeks and you claim it's love. Wake up sweetheart. And even though it's love, how sure are you he feels the same way about you. My mind always scold me.

My phone vibrated, making my thoughts disappear. The name 'Mic' appeared on the screen.

"Hey! Are you busy tonight?" His sweet masculine voice asked.

"Is this a new way of saying 'how're you'?" I responded, rolling my eyes. Obviously, he had no idea about the expression on my face.

"I'm sorry ma. How are you? And how's work?" He chuckles.

"Better. Well, I'm doing well and work isn't stressful at all," I say smiling to myself.

"I sense you're smiling," he laughed.

"Obviously I wouldn't be crying or are you expecting me to cry?"

For a while none of us said a word. "Ok ma. So will you be free this evening?" He asked again, breaking the silence.

"Uhm, I really don't know. I'm still at the office and might go home late depending on the traffic tonight," I said.

Again he didn't say a word. "Micheal, are you there?" I asked.

"Yeah. I'm sorry, I was fixing something on the system," he responds. "I will pick you up by 8pm. Look pretty," he tells me before hanging up..

What the fuck! Is he kidding me right now?

I looked at the table clock, 5:07pm. I rushed out of the office and drove off. I stopped by a mall and bought a dinner dress, a pair of shoes and jewels before heading home.

*

*

*

I heard a car drive in. I looked through the window in my room and saw his black Benz parked beside mine.

Being nervous, I started pacing around the room. I stopped at the large wall mirror and stared at my image. My silver fitted dress clinged on my body like a second skin exposing my cleavage.

The dress stopped at my knee, exposing the rest of my flawless legs. The red heels with touch of silver stones fitted my perfect feet.

A little smile escaped from my lips, satisfied with what I was seeing. All nervousness and anxiety vanished.

I picked up my silver purse and phone from the bed, leaving the room. The door bell rang as soon as I got to the living room.

Opening the door, I came in contact with a smiling Micheal. Damn! He looks so hot.

"Hey," My lips mumbled.

"Wow, you look so...gorgeous," he smirked, as his eyes went from my face down to my legs and back to my face, before leaning in to kiss my cheek. "Shall we," he gestured

"Yeah, sure," I nod, giving him my hand as he led me to his car. Like a proper gentleman, he opened the door and waited untill I was seated comfortably before closing it.

As soon as we hit the express, I broke the silence. "How's Barry?"

That's quite awkward.

He looked at me and quickly faced the steering, "he's good, having his usual fun. But you know that's a very awkward question to ask," he tells me.

"I doubt it. What's awkward is you not talking to me. All you have been doing is stare and smirk at me," I said, feeling more nervous than earlier.

"I'm sorry Mel. I just don't know what to say,"

"You can start by telling me where you're taking me to," I sigh.

"You will soon find out, darling" he smirked and once again, silence filled the car. 

I relaxed quietly as I watched him drive into chevron estate. "Is there is any restaurant here now?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Mel, can you just exercise patience. We'll soon get there, have a chill pill,"

"I should have a chill pill?" I said, more like a question. "Really? I don't know if I'm being kidnapped and all you have to say is 'have a chill pill'."

He parked in front of a building. "How in heavens name will I kidnapped a grown lady like you?" He smiled, poking my nose before getting down.

He jogged to my side of the car and opened the door. I slowly stepped out and gave him a quick stare before he closed the door. "Since you can't wait for the surprise, Imelda Madu, you are....,"

"Hey bro, you're here already. Dinner is served, join us," a young cute looking guy who looks almost like Micheal came out, interrupting him. "And you must be the beautiful Mel he keeps singing into my ears. Nice to finally meet you," he smiled, reaching out for my hand.

Is he serious? Micheal talks about me, he practically sings into his brother's ears. OMG, I'm about to burst open.

My cheeks hitted up into a blush as I gave him my hand, "the pleasure is mine. You must be Barry?"

"You're absolutely correct. I'm Barry and the cutest in the family," he smirked, exactly how Michael smirks. This two are definitely blood brothers.

"Right!" I chuckled.

"Moreover, you look prettier than he always brags. In short, you're an angel in a human form. Now I know why he lo-",

"Hey, you talk way too much these days Barry," Michael cut him off. "Sorry dude. Mom and dad are waiting" Barry said and disappeared into the house.

"Mom and dad?" I gave him a sharp stare.

"Uhm, yeah. That's actually the surprise. They want to meet with you Mel," he said, using one hand to scratch the back of his head.

I said nothing. I only nodded, following him inside.

His parents were really nice and sweet towards me especially his mom, Mrs Chioma Odogwu.

We settled at the dining room, all ready to dig in. On the table, was occupied with two different dishes. They had Jollof rice, along side with plantain, salad and well spiced turkey. Also, there was semovita and bitterleaf soup with assorted meats and fish.

"Welcome to the family, Mel," Mrs Chioma smiled at me after the little chat during dinner.

Welcome to the family? Huh?

Micheal has a lot of explaining to do after this.

*

*

*

Hi 👋

Another chapter is here. What do you think 🤔?

And for those who are still a bit confused, any form of question is cool with me.

Love💛

Jhemma