16

Rosé's POV

Jisoo and I walked off the OR with a big sigh. "We almost killed both of them." Jisoo said as we stared at each other seriously. Seconds later we both cracked, laughing our ass off.

I don't know why we're laughing or how we can laugh at this time when we almost killed both Mary and her child. Chanyeol walked pass the both of us with a frown on his face, probably thinking that we're crazy. Maybe we are crazy. Should I be scared? Living in a hospital makes you a crazy person to be honest.

"I thought the baby would fucking dive in earlier. I bet in the future he will become a great swimmer." Jisoo said in between her laughs which made me laugh even more. She said it because the baby almost slipped away from Jisoo's touch which is not funny at all because we both screamed. It was like watching a swimmer dive in a pool. And yes, Mary's baby is a boy by the way. A cute baby boy who has green eyes.

I started slapping Jisoo's shoulder for I've been laughing too hard that tears are coming out of my eyes. When was the last time I've laughed so hard like this? The last time both of us operated on the same OR was like three months ago. We always laugh after surgeries like this and that's why the chief wants to avoid us operating together. So that's why the chief always separates us.

"Did you see the freaking nurse, mate? The way her eyes widen and how she ran like she's in an Olympic." Jisoo started laughing harder while my laugh got muted. No sound is coming out from my mouth. I always laugh like this if the joke is too funny and in this case, my joke is hilarious.

We both put our hands on our stomach because it started hurting. We need to stop laughing or we might end up dead because of laughter. Cause of death: laughter. Can you really die from laughter though?

Manoban's figure suddenly can be seen across the hallway. She was smiling while she had both of her hands on the pockets of her white coat.

I pinched Jisoo's thigh to stop her from laughing which worked but now, she's yelping because of pain. "What was that for?!"

I signalled using my head that Manoban's approaching us. Jisoo turned her head to the direction that my head is indicating and she chuckled. "Man, your intern earlier is surely handsome but this one, God, can I have her?" Then her gaze went back to mine.

I frowned as I slapped her butt. "Keep your tiny dirty fingers off my intern." Why is my best friend always horny all the time?

Then I remembered something. "I thought you were gonna go for the new head of neuro?" What was her name again? Ginny? Was it Ginny? I immediately thought of Harry Potter.

"Apparently she's straight as fuck. I have no chance with her but have you seen her? She's so beautiful." Jisoo said as she continue to stare at Manoban who is now right in front of us. Wait, what? Dis she just say that she does not have a chance? The oh so great Kim Jisoo is backing down on a girl? Is this for real? Am I dreaming or is this a miracle?

I was snapped out if my thoughts when I heard Manoban's voice. "What were you guys laughing about?" She's quite a nosy girl, isn't she?

"Oh, nothing. We're just happy that the surgery went well." Jisoo said with a flirtatious tone. Oh please. I rolled my eyes at her but Manoban frowned at me. Great, she thinks that I just rolled my eyes at her. But the surgery almost didn't go well. It almost didn't. Almost. If God was there back on the OR watching us, I imagined His palm on His face, stressed because of what Jisoo just did.

Then silence was followed. An awkward one to be exact. Manoban keeps on staring at me like I'm gonna fade away any moment. What does she want now? And Jisoo keeps on staring at me then on Manoban like something is going on between us.

Jisoo clapped her hands and said with an awkward tone, "Well, I will leave you two then." She said as she walked away but she mouthed a good luck for me. Oh please, I am not scared. What would a student do to her mentor?

Before she could speak, I beat her to it. "I've been meaning to ask, how did you get a heart?"

Then she smiled. A cheeky-but-in-danger smile. Oh God, what did she do now? "I kinda got angry at UNOS and..." I feel like she yelled at UNOS for not giving a heart on time. And she didn't only do that because there's a continuation on her freaking sentence.

"And?" I asked with an annoyed tone. She took her hands out of her pocket and put it together like she's praying. Oh she better will because her ass is gonna get beaten by me. No angels or God can even save her from it.

She clicked her tongue and looked away from my eyes. "And I threatened a doctor." She told it so fast that I almost didn't get what she said.

She what?! Please tell me she's joking. She even said it like it wasn't that big of a deal! Can I just stab her with a scalpel? Please? Oh please please please!

When she saw my horrified look, she started waving her hands in front of me. "It wasn't that bad! I swear!"

I lifted my hand and positioned it like I'm about to strangle her. Oh, I want to strangle her so bad. But I dropped my hand and clenched it. Inhale, exhale, self. I hope she didn't threaten someone I know.

"At least we saved Mrs. Smith." She gestured her hand like she just surprised someone. Can someone take her off my face or I'm gonna slap this bitch until her face is on the floor?

I closed my eyes and sighed. "I don't know if I should thank you or strangle you but either way, you did a good job... sort of." She did get the heart but she get it using the bad way.

"Just go and practice the procedure for the solo surgery." I shooed her away. I just want this day to get over with. I am just so tired and Manoban's not helping.

She walked away without saying a word. She really likes to do that huh? Walking away without saying a thing. Does she do that to all the people she meets? Does she do that to herself?

It's been a month but whenever I see her, I always remember what the world do to her. She's sad but she just shrugs it off like nothing.

I want to fix her but I don't know how.