07

Rosé's POV

"You're gonna have a heart surgery, Mary." I explained to her as I swiped the tablet to the left to let her see the scan results of her heart. "You see this?" I asked as I pointed at the part of her heart where it was leaking. We're currenly on room 405. Manoban admitted Mary as a patient who needs surgery so now she has a private room. So now I am here to explain why she needs the surgery. It' s a miracle that she's still alive though. I mean six months of symptoms? Six months and she's still here, somehow alive. Amazing, isn't it? What God can do? What God can not do?

"There's a leak in your heart that needs to be fixed asap." Mary frowned. And here comes the part where I explain why she needs it. "I don't understand. I came here to treat my burns, not to have a heart surgery." I have already expected those words because that is exactly what I said to Manoban earlier.

"Mary, you've been fainting and having dizziness because of your heart. It needs to be fixed." I said as I glanced at Manoban who's writing notes in her notepad. What is she even writing there? I know that she knows what Mary's disease is when she looked at the scans. And I know that she knows what approach I will do to fix Mary's heart.

My glance went back to Mary. Mary's warm eyes were replaced by sad ones. It's clear to say that she didn't expect this. "And what if I didn't?" She asked as she hold both of her hands together, controlling her nervousness.

"You die." I straightforwardly said. I could have said it differently but it's 1am and I am tired. I want to sleep so freaking bad. I wanna get this over with so I can rest. I've been awake for 83 hours and counting. And besides, it's kinda useless to play with my words. It's better to say it the straightforward way. But apparently, not everyone agrees because Manoban right here is glaring at me like she's shooting holes in my brain.

"Oh, dear." Mary said as she put her hand on top of her chest. She's scared and I understand why. The news dropped on her like a bomb. "We need your consent to perform the surgery." I continued as I handed her the paperworks.

She took it and stared at it like it's not real. "Is there a possibility that I would die on the table?" Mary asked while still staring at the paperworks.

"The chance of the surgery to be successful is 90%." Manoban is still glaring at me deadly and I swear to God, if she doesn't stop, I will remove her from this surgery. I don't need an assist anyway. It's an easy surgery and I don't need any help.

Manoban looked away from me when Mary touch her hand. "What do you think I should do?" Why is Mary asking her that? Last time I checked they weren't this close. "What do you think Matthew will say?" Who's Matthew? I frowned for I am so confused at the moment. They're like mother and daughter right now and it's annoying the heck out of me.

A doctor shouldn't get attached to her patient and here's Manoban, not listening to a word I just said. She'e breaking the rules AGAIN. Why doesn't she listen to me? When will she even listen? It's been a month and yet, she's still the same as day one. She haven't changed a bit. Same old cocky brat who doesn't listen to anyone but herself.

"Matthew would tell you to give the surgery a shot." Again, who is Matthew? I wanna slap Manoban with this tablet I'm holding. It ain't mine anyways, it's the hospital's.

Both of them talked a bit then Manoban convinced Mary to have the surgery so Mary signed the papers. The surgery is scheduled at 1am so I have time to drink another coffee.

We went out of the room and I've put the tablet back at the desk of the hallway. Manoban started walking away but before she could get that far, I grabbed her arm and dragged her towards the nearest on-call room. (The tablet is important because that is where the patient's chart was stored. That's how the hospital works.)