Chapter 1 - The Abandoned Egg

The regal Alpha was prowling through the deep water, it had been about a moon after the battle with the MUTOs. He felt utterly bored and tired, so he crept up on land.

The beach was beautiful, and it had a waterfall in the distance. But he didn't want the humans to see him, so he decided not to stay long. After a moment of basking in the sunlight, the wolf was about to set paw back in the water when he heard a cry of distress. His ears pricked in interest at the sound, another titan was here on China?

He set out into the forest, deciding to go find the creature first. The jungle was even more beautiful than the beach, with its eternal greens to tall, thick trees. Godzilla heard the cry again, and bounded towards the sound.

He found a blue, white-stringed egg, with a crack at the top, signifying that it already hatched. He looked at it, bewildered, even backed away from it. The cry sounded again from inside it. Godzilla dared himself to look inside it, and peeked into the crack of the blue egg. A tiny kitten sat inside, and she looked back up at him as soon as she saw the massive being overshadow her.

The dark-blue creature backed away and flattened herself against the wall, as though she seemed threatened by Godzilla's presence. He pulled his head back from over the crack, and looked confused and shocked.

He thought that the kitten was a MUTO, but her egg was way too big, and it was blue. MUTO eggs were tiny and round, orange, it glowed, and others would even be able to see inside it. She slightly did not look like a MUTO either, she had a very dark-blue pelt and plain lavender eyes, also with lavender tips. But Godzilla's instincts told him directly that she was a MUTO because of her familiar body structure, but at the same time, he didn't trust his thoughts entirely.

He decided to leave her alone, she would have parents, maybe they were just hunting for food. When he turned around in the direction of the beach, the kitten's cry called out to him. What did she want? He denied the feeling that she was orphan, he tried to make himself believe that the parents were out hunting.

As she cried out again, an emotion stabbed him strongly, an emotion he never felt in forever — guilt.

The wolf turned around and walked back to the egg, when he looked inside, the kitten was still there. He drew back and let out a roar, he wanted to test if the kitten's parents were somewhere nearby. Though he received no response from anywhere, he roared again, still nothing. It was confirmed, the kitten was orphaned and her parents were nowhere around.

He wondered what to do with her, he couldn't leave the poor creature in the egg, the egg seemed too big for her to even climb out. Godzilla grasped a portion of the crack and peeled a wall of the egg away. He threw it aside and backed off to give the kitten space, shifting into a humble sit. She looked uncertain to come out, still flattening herself against the wall. Godzilla beckoned her calmly, encouraging her to step into the light. The dark-blue kitten looked at the ground, then walked slowly out onto the grass.

Godzilla held his chin high and looked proudly at her, and she looked happy to see him pleased. There was no other choice but to take her and care for her, because she seemingly had no parents. He bent down to grasp her on the scruff, she flinched at first, but eventually calmed down as he placed her on his back. Godzilla turned around and walked back to the beach with his new rider.

***

Godzilla noticed how the kitten looks around fondly at the bright sky as if she'd never seen it before. He then felt something bump into his side, and he heard her whimper. Irritated, he plunged his head into the water to find out what was going on. A shark was head-butting him, he always found them annoying. It was only now when he realized that the shark wanted the kitten for lunch.

He grumbled, trying to swat the finned creature with his tail. He couldn't get a good reach at the stupid fish, he quickened his swimming, still the shark caught up to him.

He growled furiously, but before he could do anything else, he glimpsed the kitten throwing something at the shark. It then swam away, and he strained to see it shaking its head as if something stuck on its face.

His head emerged from the water, and he turned his head to see the kitten smiling heroically. She must've done something to the shark, Godzilla smiled and shook his head, dipping his head back halfway in the water.

He then knew exactly the place to go, his home was completely submerged in the deep ocean, so he couldn't take the kitten there. He pictured the island in his mind, then shifted his route towards it. He and the kitten could live there while she grew, and when she's old enough, she could go off on her own and Godzilla could rest in his home again.