Everyone and Donna Chapter 22

Maxon's P.O.V.

" So...now that everyone's done with dinner, " Greg begins. " Maxon and I have something we'd like to tell you. " Greg grabs my hand and we stand up. 

" Don't tell me you're getting a divorce. " Keithie sighs. " Dang. I wanted to be the first to get a divorce. " 

Oh my...what? Keithie just seems to be getting weirder and weirder since Donna left for college in Florida.

" No. " I shake my head. " We're not getting divorced. " 

" You're moving?! " Becky stands up quickly, bumping into her boyfriend in the process. She doesn't bother to apologize and looks at me and Greg. " No! You can't leave! " 

" We're not moving either, Becky. " Greg reassures his younger sister. 

" Good, because I can't live without our girl-brunches on Saturday and spa days. " Becky plops back down in her seat. 

" What've you got to tell us? " Eric asks while popping a berry into his mouth. 

" We're-" Greg and I get cut off by Bean. 

" Running from the cops because you robbed two banks with carrot sticks? " Bean asks. 

I look at Bean. " Um, no. We did not...do that or anything close to that.  Carrot sticks? Really? " 

Bean shrugs. " I saw a movie about it. " 

There's a low buzz of noise that passes around the table as people start talking again, completely ignoring what Greg and I have to talk to them about. 

" Okay! People! We're trying to tell you something important here! " Greg says loudly. Once everyone's quiet, Greg looks at me. 

I nod and smile. " We're...." I begin. 

" We're expecting! " Greg and I finish talking together with wide smiles. 

No one talks. My dad and brother smile, nodding, looking around at everyone's expressions. 

" Expecting what? " Keithie asks. 

Are you serious? How is no one understanding right now? 

" Expecting a baby. " I smile widely and look up at Greg excitedly. 

" No way! Yeah! This is going to be awesome. You're naming it Ronnie right? After your favorite person? " Ronnie asks excitedly. The seven-year-old jumps up on his chair and hops around. 

" Ronnie! Sit down. " Leanne points at the chair her youngest is bouncing around on. 

" Fine. " Ronnie sighs while folding his arms and sitting down. 

" Congratulations! " Charlotte squeals while rushing towards Greg and I. " I'm going to be an aunt! I'm so excited!! " 

I laugh and hug her back when she hugs me. 

A round of congratulations and hugs goes around the table. 

" Wow. " Lenny says as he stares at the table. His youngest, Stella, crawls onto his lap. " You guys are having a baby. I can't say I haven't seen this coming. I mean, you two...wow. I knew it was only a matter of time. " 

I blush a bit and lean my head on my husband's shoulder. Greg laughs and looks down at me. 

Life couldn't be better right now. 

Greg owns multiple fashion lines like his mom, in Italy, London, France, and here in America. I work at Eric's garage, fixing cars everyday. I love my job. We live in a nice apartment, halfway between my dad and Greg's parents' houses. And now, we're going to have a baby. 

I wonder what it'll be? A boy? A girl? What will we name the baby? I like Zachariah, Christian, and Reuben for a boy, and maybe Laurel or Nevaeh.

The only way this could get any better is if Donna were here. 

The doorbell rings. 

" I'll get it. " I tell everyone before hurrying over to the door. " He-" I cut myself off with a squeal. " Donna!! " I hug my friend tightly. " You're here! " 

" Yes! I am. I decided to take a little while off of college and come to visit my friends and family. " Donna smiles and pulls back from the hug. " Congrats by the way! I am so happy for you! I'm so excited to be an aunt! " 

" Donna? " I hear a voice behind me. 

I turn around and look at Keithie. Oh no. Donna and Keithie didn't leave off on the best of terms. 

" Keithie. " Donna says breathlessly. She pastes on a tight smile and looks back at me. " Where's everyone else? I've got to say hi. " 

" In the dining room. " I smile sympathetically. 

She nods and hugs me again. " This is great! I'm so so excited for you! " 

" Thanks, Donna.  " I thank her. 

Life's good right now but I can't wait to see what the future holds.