Flirt Chapter 11

" Look, I don't care who your parents are. You mess up, I fire you. " My new boss says to both me and Greg. 

" It's all good. " Greg says as he holds three cones in his hands. 

I smile at our boss and he growls. " It's all good? It's a family restaurant. Not a rap show. " 

" It's all bad? " I ask. 

" That's right. It is. " He looks behind us. " You've got a customer. " 

I look at Nancy as Greg makes his way to her while looking at the cones in his hands. " I'm sorry. Welcome to Ice Cream House. " 

" Hi Greg. Hi Maxon. " She smiles at us. I smile back as Greg breaks the cones in his hands. 

" Nancy, hi. " He did that before three summers ago when he saw Rob's daughters in their bathing suits. 

" I think you..crushed your cones. " Nancy points to the mess. 

I grab a rag and begin to clean it all up as Greg looks straight ahead at Nancy. 

" That was a...that was a squeeze test. These cones failed. We're going to try card board next. " 

Nancy giggles a little and smiles. 

" You're smiling! And number two. " Greg mutters to himself. " You have such a nice smile. " Greg compliments. My heart breaks a bit. 

" Thanks. " Nancy says, still smiling. I wash the rag and throw out the rest of the broken cones. 

" Go out with me tonight, before your friends say I'm fugly. " Greg blurts out. 

Wow. He's not fugly. He's cute. His smile's adorable. His eyes are pretty. His-" Yo, Maxon, ya day dreaming about your boyfriend or working? " My boss asks. 

I look away from the trash can and sigh. Never gonna happen. He doesn't know I like him and he'll never like me back. I need to get over that. " I'm working. " 

I start scooping ice cream into cones after washing my hands and serving them to people. 

" Hey! You're that chick that was at that party. " Some guy says pointing at me as I serve him and his friends. 

" What? " I ask very confused. 

" The party at the quarry. You had every guy drooling over you. " He says with a smirk. 

By now, Nancy's gone and Greg is looking at us, watching us. My boss is looking at me too. I blush and shake my head. 

" No, I think you have the wrong person. " 

" I remember you. You have that little birth mark right next to your eye. " He points to my right eye. " The one shaped like a small moon. " 

" Oh, " I blush a deeper shade of red. " maybe it was me. " 

" Well, we got to go. Can I have your number? " He slides his phone over to me. 

" Um, " I look around for help. 

Thankfully, the boss steps in. " Actually, she can't give you her number. No flirting with customers allowed. Move along. We've got other people to serve. " 

" Seriously dude? " The guy says with a frown. 

" Seriously. Move. " 

The guy looks at me one last time before he moves away from the window with his friends. I smirk as I see Greg mumble something and stomps away.