Quarry Chapter 5

I follow behind the boys nervously as we walk towards the quarry. 

A sign on the fence in front of us makes me a little more uneasy. ' Danger. Keep out. ' Those aren't very comforting words. Especially the danger one. 

" Keep out? That just makes me want to not keep out. " Braden smiles as he climbs in through a hole in the fence. 

Greg looks back at me as I hesitantly look at the boys. 

" Come on Max. Live a little. " My brother encourages. 

" Fine. " I sigh and climb through the hole. My dress gets caught on a small piece of wire and rips a bit. " Dang it! " I sigh and free myself. I follow the boys up some hill and we come to some small clearing. 

" Heard out dads used to come swimming here, back in the day. " Andre looks around. " They claim to be all squeaky clean, but I think they were nuts. " 

We get closer to the edge of the cliff and dance music echo's around the quarry. A bunch of drunk college students are partying at the bottom of the quarry. A guy jumps in the water as other cheer and drink beer. 

" College kids. We better go. " Braden stops Greg. 

He smirks. " No go. Stay. He takes off all his clothes except his boxers and jumps in the water. I jump a bit and walk backwards. 

" He's nuts. Let's go. " 

I look between my brother and my friends. " I can't leave him guys. " I say a little panicked. " He's my brother. " 

" Where are you guys going? " Some drunk girl asks as she swings around a pack of beer. " Join the party. " She hands us all beers. " Are you freshmen? " She asks as she hands me a beer. I look at it nervously. I shouldn't drink. Dad will kill me. Literally kill me and then bring me back and kill me again. 

" N-No we're seniors. We just became seniors like, 20 minutes ago. " Greg says looking at the girl. 

" Not high school seniors, college seniors. " We're seniors. High school seniors. 

The girl gasps. " Wait a minute! " She points at the boys. " You're Scully, and you're boomer. " She pokes their chests as she speaks. Then she turns to me. " I don't know you though. You're pretty. I like your dress. " She hugs the boys. " Come here. I love you guys so much. " She slurs. 

" L love you too. " The boys both say, obviously in heaven. 

I roll my eyes and look at the beer. 

" I'm gonna go. Whoo! Body shots! " She yells. 

" No go. Stay. " Andre says with a smile as he watches the girl leave. 

" Okay okay. But, what about these beers man? If we don't drink them they'll be onto us, and I'm not sure I'm ready for beer yet. " 

I nod in agreement. 

" Wait, let's just dump them when no one's looking. The act like we're drunk. " 

" Okay. Good idea. " Greg agrees. The boys look at me. I sigh and nod. 

" Fine. I guess. " 

" Alright. Let's go. " They turn their backs from everyone and start to pour their drinks in a way that makes them look like they're peeing. 

" Guys! That's weird. " I shake my head and look around. I go behind a bush and dump the beer on the ground. The dirt soaks it up and I walk back to the boys. I'm the last one done. 

" What took you so long? " Andre asks. 

" Yeah? What were you doing? Actually peeing? " I roll my eyes at Greg and shake the empty beer bottle. 

" Sorry. I don't have very much experience with opening beers. " 

We hear someone laugh and all of us look down. Braden holds up a thumbs up to us as and laughs. " Summertime. "