Chapter 8

Gwen was inside the cabin with (Y/n), who was not enjoying her day. It seemed like everyday (Y/n) was losing more and more sleep. She didn't told Gwen, but (Y/n) has been sneaking off to Spooky Island at night to try and find Jasper.

She hasn't been successful.

It's been eating her alive, it's been a good while since she's seen him and (Y/n) felt like she was losing it.

Both girls stopped as they heard an explosion go off. David walked into the cabin while being on fire looking tired.

"What did I say? I said don't do fire safety camp and political history camp in the same day," Gwen said while not looking over at David, her eyes stayed glued onto the book. "Unless you really wanted to do riot control camp,"

(Y/n) rolled her eyes and slammed her hand onto her own desk, that was next to Gwen's. Gwen look at both (Y/n) and David's stress and only sighed.

"Go, get out of here"

"Huh?" David said in an almost question

"You two are not going to do any good while being stressed out like this, take a break," David and (Y/n) looked at each other and saw what she meant.

(Y/n) had noticeable dark circles under her eyes from the countless nights of no sleep. Although David looked like he just got hit by a bus....again.

"I'll cover tomorrow, you two take the camp mobile and get out for a day. Reset." Gwen threw the keys at David and turned her attention back at (Y/n).

"What...should we do?" David asked

"How the hell should I know? Go into town and just relax before you two kill someone,"

"That's not a bad idea Gwen," David said before walking out of the cabin. (Y/n) turned her attention back over to Gwen.

"Do you think I'll be fine?"

"If you have an issue, you should talk to David about it," Gwen pointed her book at (Y/n). "Ever since that day where you went to spooky island you've been on the edge. Talk about with David, he'll understand better than anyone,"

"Thanks Gwen," (Y/n) said as she got up from her seat. She walked out the cabin and saw as David was taking off the large sign off him.

"You ready (Y/n)? I'm going to show you the proper way to relax out here in Sleepy Peak!"

"Sure David," (Y/n) smiled back at him.

~~~

After a few minutes of silent driving, David decided to break the ice by placing in the farmers CD. (Y/n) listened to the CD, her patience was wearing thin. It was only a minute before she cracked.

"No I'm not listening to this," (Y/n) then grabbed the CD and threw it out the car window. David gave (Y/n) a look that was mixed between confusion and slight annoyance. "Uh ... I'll get you a new one,"

David smiled at (Y/n). They both laughed at the situation and continued going down the road. The awkward silence continue as David coughed to get (Y/n)'s attention.

"So uh (Y/n)," David scratched his head as he continued driving, "why don't you tell me more about yourself?"

"Sure like what?" (Y/n) asked as she slipped on her hoodie over her head.

"Like when did you start loving camp?" David asked with stars in his eyes.

(Y/n) chuckled at the question. Of course David would ask her about her thoughts on camping, "Well it's kinda hard not to love camp when your parents are owners of a camp company,"