Chapter 10

Hey guys, I hope you are all safe! I've been posting as much as I can while doing social distancing.

Again, this is tough times but remember to keep your heads high.

Wash your hands!

~~~

(Y/n) woke up with the sound of her cellphone going off. She opened her eyes and turned the alarm off then stretched her arms across the bed. She tried to get up but seemed to forget she sleeps on the top bunk.

Almost instantly (y/n) hit her head and rolled off the bed. She fell onto the floor, the sudden impact caused her to groan out in pain.

"(Y/n)! Are you okay?!"

(Y/n) lifted her head to see Gwen. Gwen sleeps in the bed underneath her, but she wasn't expecting to see Gwen awake at this time.

Gwen isn't a morning person, nor is she the type to agree to be in costume. So it surprised (y/n) to see Gwen with paint on her face, and wearing a stereotypical Native American head accessory.

"Should I ask you if your okay?" (Y/n) asked Gwen back.

She let out a sigh and placed her hand on (y/n)'s shoulder. Gwen looked into her eyes and in the most defeated tone said,

"It's David, he seems to be genuinely excited about this activity. Something about this is what's going to turn the camp around for everyone,"

"But I thought-"

"I know (y/n)," Gwen looked down at her shoes. She looked back up to see (y/n) with worry across her face.

"If you want, none of the campers are awake yet, you can go and try to talk to him. I'm afraid he's going to take things too far,"

"Your right, I'll go and talk to him right now," (y/n) said and turned to walk out the door. But was pulled back instantly by Gwen.

"Not before you change, I can't let someone see you like that,"

(Y/n) looked down to see her PJ's from her favorite Fandom. (Y/n) nodded as she gave Gwen a smile,

"This is why your my best friend Gwen," (y/n) said as she turned to her dresser. She pulled out her Camp t-shirt and one of her blue hoodies.

"Honestly, besides David, I think I'm your only friend,"

~~~

After changing into her uniform, with her white shoes and blue hoodie, (y/n) rushed over to the mess hall. Knowing full well that David would be there eating his breakfast.

She walked in to see David with Quartermaster talking, although she couldn't hear much. (Y/n) just saw David hand Quartermaster another headband similar to Gwen's.

(Y/n) tapped her shoes in nervous fashion. She looked over to see David, giving her one of his smiles.

"(Y/n)!" He shouted as he walked over to her, "just the one I wanted to see!"

He quickly turned to hand her another headband, hers seems to be more matching to his compared to Gwen's and quartermaster.

"David-" (y/n) was cut off

"And here's the best part!" David exclaimed as he pulled out a stick. (Y/n)'s eyes widen as she recognized the staff.

"It's that's the Order of The Sparrow staff?" She asked in confusion

"So you remember!" David gleefully asked her. (Y/n) nodded back.

"It's passed down to one camper who leads the next generation of sparrows," (Y/n) remembered with a small smile. She grabbed onto the yellow friendship bracelet. (Y/n) remembered how Jasper gave her the bracelet after she lost it on the island all those years ago.