Chapter 33

A sunny day was overset as (Y/n) and Gwen both started to get ready for a beach day at the lake. David currently was inside the bathroom while the they finished putting on sunblock.

(Y/n) wore a simple black bathing suit that Gwen let her borrow. She had originally order it online, but the size was wrong, so she let (Y/n) have it. Luckily for her, it fit perfectly and it was something she was comfortable with. She only added her own accessories to make her feel more comfortable.

David walked out of the bathroom, wearing only his shirt and shorts. His hair was finally combed and he looked at the two.

"I'll be back today at around 4," David stated, he put on his vest, "Gwen, let's talk about Space Kid before I leave, I want to make sure you'll take good care of him when he's swimming,"

"Space Niel will be fine," (Y/n) said as she fixed her hair, "I'm sure of it, he's been learning how to swim from you!"

"Still I don't want to upset his family," David subconsciously rubbed his nose.(Y/n) winced, remembering how hard Space Niel's uncle punched him.

David turned over to (Y/n), giving her a quick glance before looking back up. At this point, he stopped trying to hide his noticable blush that always seemed to spread across his face when he saw her.

"Is that what your gonna wear?" He asked, still flushed

"Um, I'm swimming," (Y/n) stated in a matter of fact tone

"Yes, but with kids. You don't want to show off," he lifted his hands over her body, "everything,"

"Sounds to me that your jealous," (Y/n) smirked playfully

"I'm not!" David retorted

Gwen laughed at the two, "Alright, alright. If I have to hear anymore of this I'm going to physically barf!"

(Y/n) turned over to David, sticking her tounge out. David pouted, before turning around to his own drawer. He looked through it and pulled out a green flannel button up. He handed it towards (Y/n), giving her a stoic face. Although his blush was still prominent on his red cheeks.

"Just, wear this at least," he pleaded a bit, "As a coverup if you want,"

(Y/n) looked up at him, before looking back down at the shirt. She sighed, grabbing the shirt and slipping it on. David face lit up, seeing her wear his shirt.

"Okay, so I'm off to breakfast duty," Gwen said, feeling a bit awkward

"Sure thing Gwen," (Y/n) turned to her friend, "I'll see you in a bit so we can head to the lake!"

Gwen smiled at nodded at her before walking out.

(Y/n) turned back over to David, who immediately made eye contact with her again. She laughed slight at his flustered state he had all morning.

"You good, Dave?"

"YES!"

~~~

David drove down the street with Campbell next to him. He was giving David a strange look, occasionally looking away to look back at him. He sat there unsure of what to do. David just tried his best to forget the morning he had.

"Uh-you good, David?" Cameron's voice called out awkwardly.

"YES! I'm perfectly okay, Mr. Campbell!" David's grip didn't loosen on the wheel.

"I'm just asking, we're going very fast!" Campbell looked back out of the window

"Everything. Is. Fine!" David laughed between the words in a sarcastic sense.