Chapter 35

Gwen stared intensely at (Y/n)'s hair, frowning. Her (E/c) stared deeply into hers. Gwen's own hair was out of her usual ponytail. Instead now being held back by a purple, fluffy, headband. Her face was covered in a sheet face mask. Gwen cautiously looked back at (Y/n), shaking her head no.

Gwen let out a small tsk. "I'm sorry to say, but I think we're gonna have shave it bald,"

"Nooo," (Y/n) let out a whine, already regretting recent choices that led her to this very moment.

"Nah I'm playing," Gwen rubbed (Y/n)'s head, "The color's coming in great!"

(Y/n) gave Gwen an unamused side eye. Gwen continued to give her a teaseful smile.

"Besides, I think I know a thing or two about hair dye," Gwen flipped her own, two toned hair.

(Y/n) smile crept upon her face, before turning around embarrassed. It was only a couple hours since Quartermaster gave them the weird lemonade. David had excused himself to clean up the camp so they were left behind.

Since they were both free, they decided to have an early girl's night. Gwen having leftover hair dye from her touch up, she decided to mix pigments to give (Y/n) some color in her hair.

"Soooo," (Y/n) looked to her side. Both were sitting on Gwen's bottom bunk. "You gonna tell me the color?"

"Look (Y/n/n) I already told you, it's a surprise," Gwen had a smug look on her face using her old nickname. "It's a color I wanted to try but never got to, I think it'll look great on you!"

(Y/n) looked at Gwen. Her faced felt warm. "I told you I don't like that nickname anymore,"

Gwen gave her another smug smile, "Well, I'll stop when you stop being so cute,"

~~~

(Y/n) stared at herself in the mirror, smiling. Gwen stood next to her, making sure she got her hair dried completely.

"Was I right or was I right?" Gwen asked, "I knew that this was your color!"

"I still don't understand how you do this," (Y/n) turned her head slightly

She never really talked much on her appearance, but Gwen had somehow managed to make her hair look just like how she always wanted, including the type of cut. Not to mention Gwen had used her favorite color.

"I think you look great (Y/n)," Gwen stepped back and admired her, "You look very pretty,"

(Y/n) stopped looking at herself in the mirror and turned back to Gwen. She felt the same warmth coming back to her face.

Before (Y/n) could respond, Gwen's stomach let out a loud sound. Gwen's face twisted to discomfort as she fell to her knees.

(Y/n) rushed down to her side as Gwen took off the face mask. She looked up at (Y/n) and attempted to give her a comforting smile. Before another loud sound came out, causing Gwen to groan.

"Gwen?" (Y/n)'s voice panicked, "Do I need to get you to a doctor?"

"No," Gwen felt her mouth water in a familiar way, "But maybe bring me closer to the toilet."

As (Y/n) helped Gwen get closer to the toilet, she heard the front door at the cabin being forcibly opened. She peaked her head out to see Cameron carrying David.

"(Y/n)," Cameron's voice boomed out, "David fell over when we we're cleaning-"

Cameron stopped his story seeing her confused face.

"Okay, when HE was cleaning and I was drinking," Cameron rolled his eyes, "But he complained about his stomach and he fell over and threw up everywhere!"