Chapter 31

Ȉ̴̳̻̟̞̑̌̈ ̶̪̭͒l̴̢̜͎̪͇̰̔̆̓̈́͝o̵̜̿͝v̷̞͑̀ë̴̩̯̙̅̎̔͜ ̷̨̱̥͙̭̓͊y̷̺̥̻̬̭͙̳͐̂̀̚o̴͉͝͝ü̴͋͝

But she doesn't love him back...

That plagued his mind since the beginning. The idea that she never truly cares about him.

When he first got tinder, it was mostly as a hobby. Match up with a girl, get what he wanted from her, and getting rid of the evidence of her death.

Nothing from that app was ever something serious.

Sure, he met a couple of cute girls. But no one really grabbed his attention. He didn't care for their looks or anything else.

It's why it was so easy for him to kill them when they were done.

Nothing serious, no strings attached. That went on for a full month. As he thought, it was only a hobby. Something to fill his time since he and (S/n) were no longer together.

(S/n) (L/n)...

She was something else. The daughter of the head of Xemüg's church. Next in line for the church's future.

They were destined to be wed on the night of the blood moon, in the year, 20XX.

At least, that's what they were told before it was revealed to them that the book was wrong.

The book was wrong, or maybe he was focusing on the wrong girl.

Daniel opened his eyes to see the last bit of the red hair dye go down the drain. The temporary dye was finally out of his hair. Daniel turned off the shower and stepped out. He grabbed the nearby towel and quickly tied it around his waist. He then turned towards the sink and gave a good look at himself.

He pushed back his wet, blonde hair and looked at his own blue eyes. Daniel grabbed the edges of the counter and looked down at the sink.

It. Wasn't. Fair.

First David got in his way, then Max. If it's not one it's the other.

(Y/n) Campwell. He still remembers stumbling onto her tinder page. Originally he wasn't going to care until he noticed that she was the exact copy of (S/n).

Her face, her hair, her body. Everything was the same! The only thing was that her eyes were stunning (e/c).

Daniel could only guess that (Y/n) was the one he was meant to marry this entire time, not (S/n). Why else would Xemüg bless her into his phone?

Why else would Xemüg put the help wanted ad for Camp Campbell on the paper he read?

Still, she didn't care about Daniel. She almost seemed... frighten.

Maybe he had overdone it with the messages.

Daniel began to change into his regular clothes. He ignored the feeling of betrayed anger he felt towards (Y/n). He had told himself that she was just confused, but things were escalating.

Questions remained unanswered in his mind.

He finished changing and left the bathroom. His eyes scanned the bedroom he had been staying in over the summer.

Daniel walked over and sat on the bed, looking down at his shoes. He once had everything put together, he was respected and treated with high regards.

Now he sat alone in the cabin in the middle of the woods.

Daniel looked over to see a picture of (Y/n) he had made a copy of. His attention landed on the scribbled-out children with a red marker.