"It is what I'm best at, after all." I remark, feeling my jaw briefly clench. "That, and I saw you."

And, your boss payed me a visit last night...

My brother's eyes widen. "What? Where?"

"That doesn't matter, Cal. You shouldn't be involved with a gang. And I shouldn't have to tell you that-"

"Listen, Bells." Callum interjects whilst quickly making his way closer to me, taking my shoulders underneath his palms, and focusing on my eyes solemnly.

"We collect around 400K per month. Per month! And even double that, if we're lucky. Rio, my boss, gives each one of his boys a 20% cut." He explains. "Do you know how much that is, for me? 80,000. Bells, can you imagine how much money I would have after just one year? That's almost one million, Bells."

"No," I remove his hands from off my shoulders, shaking my head in discord. "I can't let you work for a gang for a full year, Callum. I'm not even accepting another day. And on top of it all, my job traces their steps each day that passes!"

"Fine. Alright, alright." Cal says, running his hands in stress through his ruffled blonde hair. "I've um, already thought this out."

My brows furrow in suspense, listening. Callum huffs out a heavy breath, glancing down once more. "I've thought about you, in all of this, of course. And there's a deal I'm hoping you'd consider." He adds on.

I keep my perplexed stare on my brother. "Rio doesn't know I intend to quit." He says lowly. I feel my expression instinctively fall flat, whilst my pink lips part.

Cal's similar irises meet mine. "160,000. That's two months. 80K for you, 80K for me. Then I'll be done, for good."

"Whoa, I'm not going anywhere near that cash, Cal." I say, firmly.

"Two months, Bells. If you don't take the money so help me G-"

"The gang is our most wanted target, Callum." I interject, though my voice was so low I didn't think he caught it. But he did. "And yesterday I covered up their tracks for the first time. Do you know what I'm risking?! I'm doing this just to protect you!"

Callum's blue and green specks are flickering with sadness on my own, as he stands feet away, across from me. And his gaze drops to the floor. "Bells..." he releases a faint sigh.

I bite my lip, running a hand through my loose blonde waves, before walking towards the white couch behind him.

The moment I plop back onto it's soft surface, I soak into my deep sea of thoughts, a moment. The spacious room overflows with a deafening silence.

And my pink lips part for a soft intake of breath. It doesn't take too long for me to draw towards consideration. "I'll do it. Two months, Cal." I begin.

My twin brother spins around to face me; his ocean eyes widened with gratitude. I already catch sight of his mouth twitching up into a smile.

"What?" He asks in remote shock. I come to a stand on my own two feet.

"But I'm gonna need you safe. He doesn't know you're letting it all go in two months, so we keep it that way. In the meantime, I'll make a deal with him."

In turn Cal cocks up a brow in wait, before I continue.

"I'll negotiate with him." I say, pulling out my cell from my back pocket and checking the time - noting it's time for me to head back to the Station. "Look I can't explain now, but I will later. Just sit tight and answer the phone when I call, please." I spin around on my heels to make my way towards Callum's front door.

But just before I get the chance to swing it open, I halt in my determined tracks, throwing my head back and letting a groan diffuse before turning to Cal again.

"I don't know how to contact him..." I mumble, placing a hand on my hip in wait.

Afterwards, Callum escalates his brows in return. "Oh don't look at me. Rio never gave me his number, I just see him when we tells me to meet up with him in person - physical encounter after the next." Cal shrugs in his long sleeve black t-shirt.

I roll my blue-green eyes, before Cal goes to speak again. "I'll let him know you want to speak with him, Bells." He deadpans.

I send my brother a strict nod, as he delivers it, before turning to the front door again to leave.

"Oh and Bells..." he remarks, causing me to face him once more. There's a deep glimmer of pity showcasing within his ocean irises now - it only results in an ache behind my ribcage. "I'm sorry." He says.

And in return, and in reassurance, I send my brother a small smile. That is, before facing ahead again, and exiting his house.

---

Hellooooo, loves!! To me, it's been a while since my last update. I really really really appreciate your patience!! IM IN LOVE WITH THIS CHAPTER!

A good chapter takes prominent effort, and essential time, to form!

And I cannot waiiit for Chapter 5!

Also, I noticed that at 4 chapters, Rivals is almost at 500 reads!!! Whaaaaat?! I truly appreciate you, loves - you have no idea. I love you!

xx