CHAPTER ONE: AWAKE

opening my eyes, and at first, I'm not sure where I am . The darkness is disorienting, and the trees seem to sway in the wind. All I can see is the moon overhead, and it casts an eerie, otherworldly light over the area. I try to sit up, but the ground feels soft and spongy beneath me. As I look around, I see nothing but trees, and I can hear the muffled noises of creatures moving in the darkness. It's as if I'm in some sort of dream, or a nightmare..

I felt so sick and dizzy, and I couldn't stand. I felt too weak to make any movement. I tried to remember what happened, I tried to remember who I am, I tried to remember my name, but nothing came out.

I focused my eyes on my surroundings to get anything from this darkness, the moonlight was helping a bit and then it hit me. People laying down on the ground and weapons everywhere... They are dead. Who are they and what happened here.

I tried to move to look around but there was pain in my head, "did i hit my head" i said and surprised is this how i sound? The pain became worse the more I tried to remember, and then it got so painful I started screaming, I felt my skull getting crushed.

I screamed so hard my throat start stinging and tightening, tears coming out my eyes from the pain and then i start remembering. All the memories are mixing together in an uncomfortable way, i felt sick in my stomach and i emptied whatever was in there, with a raspy breath I start remembering what happened.
I'm dead.. i died, how am i still alive, the last thing i remember is that i tried to kill my self i jumped from a building i could see the cars and the people then i jumped but now i'm here, what does that means?.

I felt so small, I looked at my hand and then at my body and I was shocked. Did I become a child again? I was 16 years old before I died. What the hell is going on?

While I was busy trying to figure out what happened a dark figure suddenly appeared in front of me. I couldn't see who they were but I felt so scared. Is he the one who killed those people?

He took a step towards me after he looked at the corpses around me. "What's your name?" he asked, addressing me. His voice was awfully familiar. I have heard his voice before but from where?.

He took another step and I could see he was wearing all black clothes with white vest and then I focused closer at his face and I couldn't believe what I saw. Am I in a dream? Is this real? What the actual hell is happening?

How the hell is there an anbu standing in front of me? This must be a dream. I kept looking at his weird anbu mask, yes there's no mistake this is an anbu mask, and most importantly this is kakashi's anbu mask i remember that from the show.. the show, am i in Naruto ? Did I somehow die and enter Naruto's world?

Kakashi was running impatient and how he's standing a few inches away from me. I opened my mouth to speak. I was still shaking "my name is Rei" i said and then i was so confused, that's not my name, is Rei the body im in name?

Kakashi kept looking at me then he reached his hand to me to take it "let's get you out of here" he said looking at me and after a few seconds i took his hand. I tried to stand up but I couldn't. I was too weak and my body was in pain. I also was covered in blood that I don't think it belonged to me.

Kakashi saw I was struggling to stand up so he moved and held me. I was so small compared to him. I think he was 13 or 14 which means I'm much younger than him. I tried to remember more about who Rei is.. Rei was six and he was on his way to konoha with his mother for business with the fourth hokage. Rei's father died a long time ago and he doesn't know anything about him, on the other side his mother is from konoha but for some reason they lived far away from the village, And on their way to konoha a masked man attacked them.. obito. Is this when the nine tails attacked the village?!

While Kakashi was running while holding me I saw the destruction.. it was everywhere.
We went inside the village walls and lots of ninjas were there helping people. I saw destroyed buildings and lots of injuries and dead people. They were transferring them.

Everything was very detailed and crystal clear, this isn't a dream, I'm really here. How the hell did I get here? I watched the show and it was my absolute favourite but coming here after i died is insane.

Kakashi took me to the hokage building, he didn't really say anything which I appreciate and i don't even think he will believe me if i tell him i'm not Rei.

We entered the building and I must say everything was hectic. Kakashi kept walking till we reached a room he stopped and knocked on the door, then we heard a voice from inside ordering him to come in.

I saw 'Sarutobi Hiruzen the third hokage' was sitting on his desk with two other people standing in front of him one of them was another anbu but the other one sent a chill down my spine.. It was danzo.

"Think about what I said and send for me when you decide" he said to the third hokage "now if you excuse me" and he turned to leave. That was when he looked at me in his sickening eye. He was as I remember him from the show.

"And what do we have here?" Danzo said, looking at me. "I found him in the forest.. i came to report" kakashi said to danzo "hmmm.." is all he said then he took his leave and the anbu bowed his head to the third hokage and then vanished.

Hiruzen looked at Kakashi and asked him "who's the child?" Kakashi kept holding me and then said after he bowed his head slightly "hokage-sama I found this child in the forest not too far from the village I believe they were on their way to the village" kakshi said under his mask
And Hiruzen looked at me and said "they?"
"I saw him next to a dead body which I suspect was his mother.. his name was on the expected visitors list.. they were supposed to arrive yesterday" Hiruzen nodded then told Kakashi to put me on the couch and so he did.

"Do you think it has something to do with the attack that occurred yesterday?" Kakashi then looked at me for few seconds then back to the hokage "i don't believe so.. the fourth hokage informed me a few days ago we will have a visitor from outside the village" he posed for a second and then continued "his mother was a konoha citizen they were living in a small town, his mother sent a message a few months ago asking the fourth hokage for help about something regarding her child so the fourth gave her permission to enter konoha"

Hiruzen nodded and then looked at me " what's your name son?" He asked me, I was a bit nervous. Do I even know what my full name is ? "Senju Rei" came out flowing like water. It was weird how I know things I never learned.

"Senju huh?..Tell me Rei, do you remember who attacked you and what happened?" He asked, walking towards me.

Can I tell them it was obito? They know obito is dead.. is that going to ruin the storyline? What will happen if I do that ? I think I need to keep everything hidden from them and make the story go as it was in the show for now. Plus, to them I'm just a child. I need to be careful about what I say too.

"A masked man attacked me and mother when we were on our way here" I said and for some reason i felt tightening in my heart.. was i feeling sad ? Is Rei Feeling sad?.. The memories I have about Rei's past life are blurry.. I don't remember everything but I remember enough.

Hiruzen nodded in understanding "do you know why you were heading here?" He asked me, I looked at him and then tried to remember but nothing came out.. It's like parts of Rei's memories are locked.

I shook my head.. I was so tired for some reason and everything was overwhelming. I didn't feel good as if I was being crushed "kekkei genkai" I said suddenly without realising, I remembered a small part of why we were heading here. Rei and his mother were trying to get help for Rei to control his kekkei genkai.

"She said something about kekkei genkai" they looked at me suspiciously.. I need to hide from them I'm not actually a child. I bet they will think I'm a spy or something.

"What does kekkei genkai mean?" I said in a childish way tilted my head slightly. I hope they don't see right through me.

"Don't worry about it you are too young to understand anyway" Hiruzen said then looked at kakashi. "I would like to send him to the hospital to check if he's hurt but i know the hospital is so overcrowded because of the events happened yesterday so take him to uchiha fugaku for now and tell him to keep an eye on the boy till we figure out the whole story"
Kakashi bowed his head "yes hokage-sama"
.
.
.
.
.
Please excuse if there's any mistakes, this's my first time writing a fanfiction and English is not my first language.