CHAPTER FOUR

I woke up in a room. I have no idea where I am or how I got here. All I know is my body is in pain and my head is pounding, I feel weak and disoriented. I try to sit up, but my body won't respond. The world spins around me and darkness slowly fades into view. I try to make sense of it all, but memories slip away and the pain in my head grows worse. Then there is nothing but darkness once again.
.
.
I hear footsteps approaching me. I try to lift my head to see who's there, but it's too heavy. I feel a soothing hand rest on my forehead. I can't see their faces, but the touch is gentle. It's comforting and calming, even with the pain in my head. My eyes drift closed again and the world slowly fades away once more.
.
.
I'm floating in a dark void, with no recollection of how I got there. I have no sense of time or space. All I feel is a crushing emptiness that seems to envelop me in its cold embrace. Then, like a distant memory, I vaguely remember being somewhere else. Thoughts and images flicker through my mind, but the more I try to grasp them, the more they slip away. I'm not sure what is real anymore. Then I hear a voice, calling my name, pulling me back to the world of the living.

I slowly regain consciousness, and I'm suddenly aware of my surroundings. I can feel the softness of a bed beneath me and the warmth of covers around me. Everything seems unfamiliar, but I feel safe and secure. Someone is speaking. I turn my head to look and see Uchiha Fugaku and Itachi standing next to him. They're talking, but I don't understand what they're saying. Then slowly the pieces start falling into place. I'm in a hospital room.

I can feel my body slowly growing stronger, but my memory is still hazy. Everything is still unfamiliar, but I can feel myself starting to remember. I hear the medics talking to me as they check my vitals. I try to speak but the words won't come out. I only managed to mumble a few sounds. They ask me my name, but I can't remember. It's like a distant memory, but it's just out of reach. I can feel my body trembling as I try to remember.

Why everytime i try to remember my name, the only name that comes to my mind is Rei? I'm not Rei, what was my real name and why can't I remember. I know that I'm not from this world and I was brought here somehow, I know all this was from the show and I used to watch it when I was a kid.. I remember everything about the show but nothing about my old life.

My mind races as I try to remember my old life. Everything about it feels familiar, yet also like a distant memory. I know that Rei is not my real name, but it's the only thing that comes to mind when I try to recall. It's as if that identity has been carved into me and replaced my real one.

"My name is Rei," I managed to say. I saw the doctor nodded and wrote something down then asked Fugaku to talk outside.

I saw itachi walking towards me and he stood next to my bedside. "How do you feel?" He was actually concerned about me.

"My head still hurts but I'm ok" he didn't say anything, just nodded in understanding.

"I'm sorry if I was the cause of your current condition" irachi said, I shook my head i know it wasn't his fault there's something weird happening to me and i don't know what.. I need to figure it out.

"don't apologise, it wasn't your fault, i already had a head injury and i'm sure it happened because i didn't rest well" seeing the relief in his eyes made me feel bad, he's just a kid and he blamed himself.

"Who brought me here ?" I asked Itachi. "After you collapsed I ran to get help so I came across a police officer and we brought you here, Then my father came to check on something about you." I looked at him confused, then he continued "there was a seal on you...few of them to be more specific" I looked at him confused. What does he mean by that?

I looked confused at my hands and arms then Itachi said explaining "no it's not that kind of seal, it's placed deep in your head. Is there something you can't remember? My father checked it using his sharingan and he said this kind of seals, seals memories and the only way to unseal it is by the caster themselve." I looked at Itachi then saw Fugaku entering the room with the medical-nin.

"I want to ask you some questions, Rei," Fugaku said, looking seriously at me. I nodded while trying to sit up and Itachi helped me. "That night do you remember anything your mother said or what the masked man said before he attacked you both?" Thinking about it I don't actually remember anything about that either, all I know is I was attacked by obito but I don't really remember when he attacked us.

"I don't remember anything about that night, I thought I did but I don't have any visual memory of it. It's like what I remember is based on information that was put in my head" I said and it was the truth.

"What about that necklace, have you seen it before?" He said pointing at the nightstand next to me, I looked to my side and saw the necklace with the black stone. "I know it belonged to my mother and she always kept it hidden but again it's like i have never seen it before" I said as I was trying to reach it then Fugaku stopped me firmly "stop, don't touch it" I flinched and looked at him fast.

"That stone is a special mineral that possesses unique properties. It is indeed referred to as the "Stone of Oblivion" and the "Stone of Nullification". Fugaku said and I put my hand back to my lap.

"To explain further, the Dark Stone is a mineral that has the ability to absorb all chakra and chakra-based abilities that come in contact with it. In essence, this stone can obliterate chakra by absorbing it completely, rendering it ineffectual. Furthermore, the Dark Stone can even absorb chakra used in powerful ninjutsu techniques, effectively nullifying them and making them void."

He then looked at me and said "I don't know how you came to have such a dangerous and rare object but if you want i can ask the Hokage-sama to take it for safekeeping"

"Thank you sir and I apologise for burdening you" I said and gave him a small bow. He only said 'hmmm' and turned to leave then he said to Itachi "make sure not to be late for dinner" Itachi said fast "yes father" then Fugaku left and the medical-nin with him.

"When can I leave this place?" I said asking Itachi, he turned to me and answered "as soon you feel better"
I then moved the sheets of me and tried to stand up but itachi stopped me by holding my shoulder. "No it's too early for you to stand up you need to rest" i looked at him and said "i wanna get out of here i don't feel comfortable being here"

Itachi looked at me and he didn't know what to do. After a few seconds he said "you need to stay here at least till morning.. i will come to you in the morning to pick you up
But you must stay here tonight, you don't know maybe your condition will get worse it's better to be safe than sorry"

I don't get it why is Itachi worried about me, "ok" is the only thing i said, i layed down again and Itachi put the bedsheet up covering me, he then gave me a small smile and told me that he needs to go now, so i thanked him and said goodbye.

Laying down in the hospital was so overwhelming. I hate it, I hate being here and I'm so hungry. I haven't eaten anything since morning and I don't think the hospital will give me anything to eat. I saw that medical-nin's reaction when no one was looking. He looked disgusted and I think it's because I'm a stranger to the village but also because the Uchiha showed interest in me.

Although the Uchiha are still loved by many people in the village, some people are already talking that the Uchiha had a hand in the "Nine tails" attack, and now for them to care about a stranger is not good for their image.

For hours I kept thinking about my old life. I couldn't remember anything. My head is empty and the only thing I know is that it has to do something with obito, But what?

I sighed and sat up getting out of bed. I looked at the window and there was a thin light "it's dawn". I went to the bathroom and washed my face.

If I want answers I will need to talk to Obito, but how? He killed my mother and I know for sure it was out of hate but why didn't he kill me too?. I'm losing my memories and the only thing that's keeping them there is the seals he put, I'm so confused.

All I know now for sure is that if I want to meet Obito I need to get strong to do that. I can't be a kid anymore. I need to start working on myself here, and maybe then I will have my answers.
.