8. An Ad hoc Family Reunion

Bambam pulls over in the driveway and Lisa stands by the entrance of the house with her hands suspended on her waist in relief that Jennie is back.

She strolls towards the car and opens the door to find her sprawled over the backseat in a snooze. A small smile plays on her lips as she leans in to have a better view and she gently pushes away the numerous curls that cascade over her face. She groans slightly but continues to sleep and she can't restrain herself from dipping her head down and planting a kiss on her moist forehead.

She heaves a sigh; she was a mess right now. She hadn't been able to focus on anything for the past few hours because her mind kept digressing from whatever she tried to occupy herself with and all she could think of was Jennie, the date, the man she was with, what they were doing. It was all ridiculous but she couldn't help but be upset that she went on a date, albeit it wasn't romantic. Even though Jennie had given Lisa, her word that all would be fine, she just couldn't stop being perturbed about it. She honestly didn't understand if it was because she wanted her to be safe or because she was angry that she was out with a man for some reason, the thought of someone else having her gave her an unfamiliar ache in her chest.

She thanks Bambam for bringing her home before scooping her into her arms, she continues to groan in her sleep and she does her best to be gentle as she takes her inside the house, up the stairs and into her room.

She settles her down onto the bed, takes off her shoes and pulls the covers over her. As she eases her purse onto the dresser, she hears her stifle a yawn. Lisa turns to view her as she rubs her eyes and squints at her, her hair is loose and messy and she muses at how beautiful she looks even when she is barely trying.

"Hey." she coos at Jennie who is still trying to recover from her nap.

She props herself up with her elbows and shakes her curls away from her face so that she can see clearly.

"Hey." She smiles at her tiredly before stifling another yawn and Lisa chuckles slightly at her adorableness.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." She strides towards the bed and sits down next to her.

"It's fine, I would have woken up anyways. This dress makes me itch so bad I kinda regret wearing it."

Lisa raises an eyebrow in amusement at Jennie and she scowls at her, silently daring her to comment. Luckily, she knows better and remains mute.

"How are you?" She asks sincerely as she remembers the rage with which she left the restaurant, never again could she pull such a stunt. It took all the strength in her to allow her to leave like that, if she could she would have just given Kai a raincheck but she had a point to prove. How was she supposed to stay married to him for nine months if as simple a thing as this was too much for him to trust her with?

"Better. Now that you are safely tucked in bed." She smiles wryly and reaches to stroke her hair.

"You had nothing to worry about. I asked you to trust me."

Lisa sighs. "It isn't you that I don't trust, Jennie." She gives a resigned look and Jennie doesn't say anything, it obviously wouldn't change anything even if she kept preaching about Kai's harmlessness.

"You should have some rest. Tomorrow, I have something interesting in mind for us." She smirks slyly and Jennie's pupils dilate. Is there any way on Mother Earth that this is a good thing?

"What do you mean by interesting? Lisa."

Lisa stares down at her, a ghost of a smile playing on her lips and she isn't enjoying her amusement.

"Lisa!" She barks at her and she rolls her eyes at her before standing up.

She looks down at a frowning Jennie. "Patience is a virtue, my dear Jennie."