7. Batter in the Oven

I hope you like the story so far. I'll try my best to update more often. So here is a long one... (Took me an hour) And thank you for the support. Keep safe guys. =)

■■■■■

The sun is the yummiest amber yellow Jennie has ever seen. She has been in bed grinning for the past thirty minutes, not really sure which makes her happier— the beautiful view of sunrise or the reminiscence of last night. She couldn't understand how one person can make you so extremely angry and without really any effort at all they have you so smitten, so happy, so...... Lord, so captivated.

Lisa could be the most spontaneous person ever. She remembered how one minute, she was yelling out her brains and the next, she was dabbing her barf ridden mouth and the next she was back to being icy and cold—let's not even get started on what happened after that. Her mood swings were very evident, but what was more evident was her kindness. The more she got angry, the more she lost her temper, the more her peremptory side surfaced—the more she could see a woman with a heart. She gets angry because she cares, she is controlling because she doesn't want anything to happen to you— or whatever it is that you may be carrying, she tries to rectify the ideas she has in her head.

She didn't care if it was because she didn't want anything to happen to the baby. A short while ago she thought she was a control freak because she just had this strong need to possess everything and everyone around her, she thought she was stiff, uptight and had no heart in place for affection, and she also thought she was ill-mannered. But in a couple of weeks, she'd been able to correct her misreadings. She was the funniest, most charming woman she had ever met. Dahyun had told her how Lisa had taken her in when she had nothing, she had lost her parents, siblings and all of their belongings in a tragic fire. Lisa had found her sprawled on the streets in the middle of being attacked, things could have gotten out of hand if she didn't step in to save her—she paid for her medical care, offered her a home and a job to help her rebuild her life. She was kind, very sweet, had a soft spot for kids and she was certain that somewhere deep down inside of her, there was more to her than anyone could have imagined.

The feelings that she bore scared her to death, she was Icarus flying too close to the sun but there was nothing she could do about it. The more she ignored the feelings, the more intense they got and the more she couldn't put her emotions in check— just look at the way she was ogling her lips last night, it was so cringeworthy. She shuts her eyes tight as her stomach churns in deep embarrassment as she recalls the events of last night, Lisa probably thought she was crazy.

Did it ever occur to you that your feelings are never going to be reciprocated? Lisa Manoban does not do women! Her subconscious rebukes her but before she can dwell on any more thoughts, her stomach churns again and an all too familiar feeling resurfaces.

She quickly bolts out of bed and rushes into the bathroom before ducking her head down and throwing up into the toilet, one hand on the toilet seat and the other is pulling away her hair. She is thankful that they can go see Dr. Park today, she wanted to be sure if or not she was pregnant—that way she would be certain that she was making some sort of progress with her plan. The odds of her being pregnant were pretty high though, she had googled most of the symptoms she was experiencing and they seemed to all align with the fact that a muffin was baking in the oven—okay maybe muffin wasn't the apt term right now, the batter seemed more suitable. She hadn't seen her period this month, her breasts were as tender as ever and her bladder could be an ever-flowing fountain. She had never been so happy to not see her period, she remembered moonwalking across the bathroom when she checked off the date on her calendar. She had planned on sharing the news with her supposed wife when she returned from Australia but their reunion turned out to be not so ideal and besides, she gave her a clue the best way possible—with her own mouth. She cringed again in embarrassment as she recalled the less than sanitary occurrence, poor Pierre.

Becoming Mrs. ManobanOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara