Chapter Thirteen

The next few days I stayed with him at the hospital. He was losing most of his dark brown hair now because of the chemo. I haven't left the hospital yet. Every morning I woke him up with a kiss on his forehead. Everyday could be his last. His mom and dad came and went, while I stayed here. Taking care of him, I soon heard a knocking among the door. I got up,and went to the door and opened it. It was a man in a pin sharp white suit. He looked like a million bucks. I stepped out of the room letting the man talk to Travis.

I waited almost an hour outisde of the room. I fell asleep slowly on my arm. It seemed like he was in there forever. When the man finally jerked me awake as the door beside me opened. I got up and headed back in. He was out of bed. The many tubes still hooked to the machine. It was steadly beeping.

"What are you doing?"

"I have to do something before I don't have the chance," He said getting down on one knee as best as he could. MY hands flew to my lips. This couldn't be real. I was shocked.

"If I make it out of the hospital alive, Addison.. will you marry me?" He said looking up at me holding up the box where the ring that sat hugged in leather.

"Yes!" I said smiling. I hugged him hard then loosened my grip not trying to hurt him. I was going to marry him, if he survived. This day got better and better.

I forgot about his desiese. I loved him even if he had cancer,bald or was sick. I loved him for what is in his heart. I kissed him on his cheek softly.

"I love you.." He wisphered.

"I love you too.."

We stood there huging till he leaned out,and took my hand,and slid the ring onto the proper finger. It was crowned with a gold plated heart. It was beautiful.

"It's beautiful," I said smiling.

"So are you," He said smiling.

I heard a knock on the door interupting the moment.

"Got it," I went to the door,and opened to the door. It was his mom.

"What's going on, why is my son out of bed?" She asked questioning.

"Mom," He said quietly. Then I held my hand in front of my face again studying the ring. It was beautiful I couldn't stop looking at it.

"What's that?" His mom asked. Taking my hand looking at the ring.

"Our Engagement Ring," I said blushing.

"Oh my gosh you engaged when?" She asked estatic.

"5 minutes ago," I said smiling.

"I'm so happy for you and my son," She said wrapping me in a hug. Then she went to her son,and hugged him tightly. The only thing I was scared of now that if he died there would be no us, no marriage, nothing. This statement keep replaying it self in my brain. There was a fifty fifty chance of him surviving, and the other one I did not want to mention. Soon the doctor came into the room for his daily check-up. The doctor said his chemo was going good so far,but that was yesterday. This time I got to stay in the room while the nurse was talking to him.

"Okay yesterday's chemo seemed to work, but the chemo the side effect of it was not so great. It seemed to effect some of the parts of your brain.." My face strickin to what she said. Something went wrong.

"There seems to be a tumor growing in your brain, and it will take surgery to take it out if not it could well kill you," It took guts to say this I know. I saw Travis' face froze. I wondered what was going on in his mind. My face tore apart at his reaction. His eyes were now bloodshot. What was going on.

"Whats going to happen now..."

"We could do surgery for the best, but there is a ninety five percent it could fail and kill you instantly.."

"Would you try..."

"Yes.. For her.." He was going to risk his life to live. It could also kill him. He was putting everything on the line. For me